Hytale: Move aside Minecraft and CubeWorld. You have competition

Hytale made a splash with its trailer last year:

But it seems we haven’t really discussed it outside of the Cubeworld thread.

Today, they have announced that the studio (partly founded by an ex Riot employee) has now been acquired by Riot Games:

The success of the trailer opened many doors for us in the games industry. We’ve had a lot of interest from potential partner companies, and while this has been very exciting we’ve also been careful about how we approach each opportunity. It’s absolutely vital to us that we act in the best interest of our team, our project, and our players.

With that in mind, here’s the big news: Hypixel Studios is being acquired by Riot Games as an independent studio. We’ll continue to operate in the same way as we have before, but Riot will become our parent company and we’ll gain access to their expertise and resources. This means a bigger budget for Hytale, more security for our team, and advisory support from a company that knows how to launch and operate successful, long-running games.

Anything that helps a new polished cubic world building and exploring experience get completed seems like a good thing in my book. Good on them. I hope they will release more information about the game going forward.

Looks good. As long as it isn’t multi-player only, then I am interested.

As the game description mentions, it’s a generated sandbox game which you can, but don’t have to, play co-op:

WHAT IS HYTALE?
Embark on a journey of adventure and creativity. Hytale combines the scope of a sandbox with the depth of a roleplaying game, immersing players in a procedurally generated world where teetering towers and deep dungeons promise rich rewards. Hytale supports everything from block-by-block construction to scripting and minigame creation, delivered using easy to use and powerful tools.

CHOOSE YOUR PATH
Hytale supports many different playstyles. Whether you think of yourself as a settler, adventurer, or craftsperson, you’ll have plenty to do as you advance through the story. Best of all, the adventure mode is fully playable in co-op: gather a party of friends and combine your skills to leave a mark on the world together.

So I think you should be covered. I’m hoping we will get more preview videos soon though.

This looks really nice. A little more immersive than Minecraft IMO.