I am a Square Fanboy

As such, I should report to you that I now have FF4 Advance. (I could have sworn it was a DS title, but oh well.)

I am such a fanboy, in fact, that I am reporting this before I’ve even played it, since I’m still at work. However, merely owning a rework of a game I played about 30000 hours worth already makes me giddy as a schoolgirl.

I fully realize this makes me a sad panda, but I’m OK with this.

I may update this thread later once I actually open the box and play the game! Or not.

I want this game as well, but I mistakenly put it on a christmas list, so now I have to wait till january to pick it up.

I was on the fence if I wanted to reserve this or not, since I fully expect I won’t have much time to put into it. But I may just pick it up so I can own it. I played this game so much when I was a kid. I might just pick this up at the store (assuming they have copies left :P) after work.

Yeah I am in the same boat. Its on the list for Xmas and now I have to wait.

FF3 is the one thats coming out for the DS BTW.

Any news on FFV?

Thats a good question. I looked around and noticed that it was not on any pre release lists. I was under the impression that 4 and 5 would be coming out at nearly the same time.

I didnt hear that it was pulled so I assume that it will come out eventually but the GBA release list is pretty barren these days ( except for the mega man collection which was supposed to be out like a year ago ) so I hope it comes out soon.

Really it looks like the GBA is nearing the end of its life span when you take a look at the release lists. /sadface

Yeah right. Dirty fuckers.

Well unless they plan on showing something new at E3 it could be that way. Who knows what they have up their sleeve though.

I vote for portable gamecube.

It’s about time, really. How long has the GBA been out now? And where in the hell is Chrono Trigger Advance?

flowers and springtime

edited due to misunderstanding

Reed and Charles agree!

edited to reflect Charles’s edit

When you put it that way, perhaps I misunderstood. I thought he was replying to this:

Really it looks like the GBA is nearing the end of its life span when you take a look at the release lists. /sadface

Really it looks like the GBA is nearing the end of its life span when you take a look at the release lists.

November Hardware Sales for North America according to the NPD group.

Game Boy Advance 892,438
GameCube 278,284
Nintendo DS 381,619
PlayStation 2 546,096
PlayStation Portable 359,772
Xbox 191,320
Xbox 360 332,121

The GBA is going to be around for a very long time.

Thats the second time I have seen that pulled out but looking at the release lists say otherwise. Take a look at the PSP vs DS vs GBA lists and you can see what I mean. Hell its going on 5 years since the first GBA was released in the US its getting to be that time I think.

I think Ninteno was hedging its bets on the GBA, but the DS has proven it’s ready to take on the mantle.

I figure we’ll see a new model DS announced before (or around) E3 time.

Ohh…

I simply love the new graphic of the I&II and from time to time I go in the bestiary of the first chapter just to hear the battle theme. The music is an absolute masterpiece.

I so want to see what they did with this new chapter.

P.S.
FF6 on the GBA would be pure love.

Well my company/studio has GBA games scheduled to be developed for entire forseeable future, infact we might even be ramping it up a bit. Also the sales of GBA vs DS titles is hugely in favour of the GBA titles and that trend doesn’t seem to be changing at all.