I am married

Congratulations.

Congratulations.

Congrats!

I loved my wedding – we got a 360 as one of our gifts.

Then my bridge promptly took it from me as they had included Dead Rising with the console, and she’d wanted to play the game for a long time.

That trend has continued, as she continues to have double my gamerscore. Damn those Achievements!

Congrats XPav!

Congrats, XPav! Have fun on your honeymoon!

Congrats XPav.

I’ve recently had to reconsider marriage, having just broken up with my g/f. Oddly enough, Many of my married friends are now telling me to stay single, even in the presence of their wife. I’m not sure if they are serious or joking. I want to get married, but only if it’s with the right women.

Is marriage that bad guys?? I’ve enjoyed having a g/f and think it would be nice to have a wife, someday!!! Am I nutz??

Naw man, XPav’s woman is cool. She helped him build the LEGO Imperial Star Destroyer…and it turned her on! It’s not a question of why did he marry her, it’s why didn’t he marry her immediately thereafter?

He probably proposed to her soon after, or at least I’d hope he did.

Marriages take time to plan, usually.

Congrats xpav, enjoy the honeymoon

I cant think of much bad about it, just dont marry a bitch, and dont be an asshole, and you should be all set.

My first wife got progressively worse from -

girlfriend
fiance
wife
mother

It was all downhill. She was / is such a bitch.

Already planning for the 1st to fail is not, generally, a good start.

Scope wise, that’s a question like “Would I enjoy console gaming?”

Yeah probably, with the right console and right games. Shop around ;-)

P.S. Congratulations Xpav! Now get to work making babies! ( <- Single worst thing you can say to a newlywed dude. )

But go for singleplayer games. Local multiplayer or online multiplayer always ends in tears…

What do you mean, worst thing? Some of us made the babies and then got married. Kids are the best thing about marriage… well, second best after “sex without dating”. But that ends once the kids arrive (<- that’s the worst you can tell a recently married guy with a pregnant wife)

Congratulations, Xpav.

I had a friend climb an electrical train while drunk and then walking into the powerline.

He has no special powers now, unless you count the ability to scare kids while seated in a wheelchair.

Marriage is amazing. Find the right woman and don’t be an asshole and you’ll have a great time! Seriously, there’s something really nice about having a great woman in your life and something even nicer about being married to her. If she’s truly right for you, there is zero down side.

I got snipped last week so we’re not having kids. From this point on it’s just the two of us until one of us croaks. It’s going be great!

Conga Rats XPav

They’re probably joking (I am, when I say it). It’s one of those “obligatory” joke comments for married friends. Like “Hot enough for ya’?” or “That’s what SHE said!”

You’re not ‘nutz’. Having a wife is nice. It’s not super fantastic 24/7, but hey.

I’ve got to agree with this. In the two and a half years I’ve been married, I haven’t had a single second of regret. Everything about life is different when you’ve got a partner to stand along side you, to help you deal with whatever tribulations you may face, and to help you appreciate whatever joys may come. My wife and I are in the same boat as Epic - no plans to ever have children, and just looking forward to spending the rest of our lives together.

It really does depend entirely on finding the right person, however. Not just someone you love, but someone who you can really share your life with. Sometimes it seems like a lot of people overlook the fact that marriage doesn’t just mean saying “I’ll love this person for the rest of my life,” it also means “I’ll be spending the majority of my waking life in this person’s company, so I’d damn well better be sure that we won’t end up driving each other insane.”

What I love as well is that my wife and I have our own hobbies. She loves making jewelry and I love putzing around on the computer or playing console games. We can do those things and be left relatively alone and get together when we want to do something we can share. It’s perfect.