I can't do it again... I just got out *pain*

Hope you get better.

Stay strong, JP, but make sure you get the care you need.

Troy

May God bless you, JP. I’ve been somewhere near that neighborhood, and I know extensive hospitalization is major suckage. Any little thing that you can hold onto, a puzzling thought, an ongoing memory, the different look on the nurses face when she comes into your room daily, can help get you get by, and some thoughts and fantasies can be absolutely priceless.

I wish you all the best, and hope and pray that you find the mental ‘home’ necessary to get you by. Godspeed, amigo!

Ack. On the one hand, I think it’s incredibly important to get the care you need, when you need it. If that means going back in, so be it. On the other hand, I know enough about hospitals that I no longer really feel like they’re safe places anymore (for inpatient care). That said, the idea is that if you can make the pain go away by suffering a bit now, it’s worth it next spring and every spring after that. Hang in there.

• Alan

And you can use the tilt of the Earth to your advantage and make up the Springs you missed.

Just sayin’.

Do you live in a state where medicinal marijuana is legal? 'Cause you sound like a good candidate. Seriously. Legal or not, really.

If I remember right, the cystic fibrosis has an effect on his lungs, so smoking anything might not be a good idea if trying to stave off infection.

Best wishes JP. Fight through this thing.

Time to go gunning for the man who stole your water.

Good luck JP.

Thoughts and prayers are with you, man.

This will probably be of no use to you, but, anyway.

For about 6 months (Before we moved.) I was good friends with a guy who had cystic fibrosis in school. While not as far gone as you are, I saw the shit he had to put up with. He was one of the happiest guys I’ve know. Apparently the doctors told him he would only life to be five or six so he used to see every day of his life as a gift, one he would enjoy. He told me that most days it was hard doing that but if he didn’t he may as well have died back then.

Do what you have to in order to give yourself as many gifts as you can.

Feel better and heal fast. Hopefully there will be plenty of spring left when you’re well.

Brownies, then.

Thanks for the really nice words. I came back home to try it here. I will be kicking myself if I don’t at least try. I know I can always go back in… but I can’t always come out. I will make the best of whatever I can do.

Ironically, sometimes the pain lets me know just how alive I still am.

Ditto to what others said +1.

This is a beautiful sentiment! Your friend should be a writer of inspirationals. Here in China we have many other proverbs and the one I’d like to say now is “If you stand in one place long enough, the world will come to you” which is not as good as the gift day proverb but imagine that quartertothree.com is the world and we’re coming to you through the computer posts, jpinard, even though you’re in one place!

Might be a little hardcore for a first-timer. It’s really difficult to gauge dosage. What he might want though is that stuff they have in Canada – the synthetic cannibinol inhaler. Sterile, mist-based so no smoke, little to no risk of infection, and none of the side effects that accompany grown marijuana. It’s used as anti-nausea and long-term pain treatment option. Wish I could get my hands on a canister.