I don't know how PS4 saves work.

I’ve been playing LEGO Batman 3 on my PS4 with my nephew over the holidays when we’re all visiting my parents’ house together.

That’s my PS4, my account, a digital purchase.

My brother-in-law has a PS4 now too, so I was going to buy a physical copy for my nephew and take it down there when I visit this weekend.

I assume (but am not certain) that if I put the save game from my digital copy on a USB stick, a physical copy of the game will still see it and be able to load it, right?

Are saves in any way tied to the user account? I don’t even know if my brother-in-law has a PSN account at all (I suspect he doesn’t, which is why I’m going to buy a physical copy of the game instead of getting him a PSN gift card and buying it digitally), or if he just has a local account on his PS4, but PSN or not, will I be able to load the save without signing in with my account on his machine?

I don’t deal in the save system directly, but my guy who does says that the saves are tied to the user identity. You probably will have to sign in as yourself to get it to work.

If you have PSN+, the save should follow you when you sign in.

Yeah, looks like you’re right. No save transfers between accounts, that’s too bad. Maybe I’ll just get my nephew a different Lego game we can start from scratch on his system. Thanks!

How about if I buy a PSN version of Bloodborne to replace my disc version?

I wonder if the DLC will work too.

Yeah, that shouldn’t be a problem. I’ve gone back and forth between disc versions and digital versions of games. No difference as far as save games and DLC are concerned.