I gotta believe!

I’ll throw in a vote for Nintendo, also Nival.

Silent Storm was a good appetizer, hopefully Hammer & Sickle and Heroes V will be some good eatin’ too.

I love Intelligent Systems. Fire Emblem, WarioWare, Paper Mario for GC and the Advance Wars series have all been great games.

I’d throw Camelot in as someone I’m curious to see what they’re doing next. I loved the Golden Sun games, even if they did have some flaws here and there.

Damn, I forgot Nival! Yeah, Silent Storm was really good apart from the voice acting (and I wish it’d had an X-Com dynamic campaign).

The message board moral argument fallout in the Hammer and Sickle thread notwithstanding, I’m pretty psyched to play a KGB agent.

That is a crying shame. :(

That is a crying shame. :([/quote]

It is, especially considering that Riddick was the best game of that year.

[quote=“Charles”]

You’ll be saddened to know that there is no Starbreeze anymore. All the devs were canned after Riddick for PC shipped. It’s just a shell studio now.[/quote]

Nooooooo! :( Why did that happen? Riddick was amazing. BAH I’ll add some more devs then:

Origin
Westwood
Looking Glass

I gotta believe right? Right??

From what I heard via a close friend working with an ex-starbreeze programmer, it was a classic case of the publisher fucking the developer. The game did fantastic, so the publisher figured they’d keep more of their cut by getting rid of the devs. shrug

Firaxis and Bungie. Please send Alpha Centauri II based on the civ IV engine and Halo 15 my way.

What ever happened to those devs by the way?[/quote]

Not sure, but Um Jammer Lammy was too hard and PaRappa 2 sucked. Some folks ony have one good one in them.

Unicorn, I don’t know that Atlus counts, since they are more publisher than dev. Have they started developing games too? If so, I am there with you.

As I understand it, Atlus owns the SMT IP, and I was under the impression that the creators of the SMT games were an internal team. Perhaps I am retarded and this is not the way it is. If that’s the case, I have not even idea one as to who the developer is. But I like them anyway.

As for Atlus, for what it’s worth, it took some serious balls to bring SMT to the NA/Euro market. So I give them credit for that, whether or not they developed it.

I’m pretty sure R&D1 (development team behind SMT: Nocturne and DDS1/2) is a division within Atlus Japan.

Who’s working on ‘The Darkness’?

[quote=“Kevin_Grey”]

Who’s working on ‘The Darkness’?[/quote]

No idea. Maybe the publisher restaffed some of the company, or maybe the company had two dev teams originally. My info is accurate though, (unless somehow the ex-starbreeze guy was subject of a big lie when I got my info).

ps: god i hate fire alarms