I guess I'm a prude, but

It’s just a word.

Just like it’s just a very staining cherry soda that just accidentally spilled all over your t-shirt with just that word. Oops, sorry!

I wouldn’t be surprised if it were a shop in the mall (Hot Topic) who actually sold the kid the shirt in the first place. Malls should be able to kick out whoever they want, but at the same time, an astute teenager could probably find several items for sale within its walls just as, if not more, offensive (Spencer Gifts).

I guess it could be argued that sex toys and videos aren’t actually meant for use inside an adult video store though, just as t-shirts like this (or lingere from the Fredericks of Hollywood over in the C wing) aren’t intended for use on the premises where they’re sold, but because this is just a t-shirt aimed at teenage boys (and 35 year old red necks wearing obscene fishing hats), it might be harder to justify the ban. In SoCal though most malls have a terms of use somewhere neat the doors and directories, telling people not to wear offensive clothing, although this is intended for gangwear, I’m sure it could carry over to slutwear too.

There’s “fuck” as an expletive and then there’s how it was used on the t-shirt, to describe the act. It’s a bit different.

I wouldn’t let my kids wear it, and when as young adults when they no longer have to listen to me, I’d still tell them it was tasteless and not particularly funny.

He of course has the right of freedom of speech to wear that shirt. Certainly then, I have a corresponding right to tell him what I think of it, right?

lol answer of the day.

This young scalawag’s parents need a good talking-to!

But hey, you know what parents are like — to them it’s completely obvious that the world should accomodate their kids.

:)

I agree with this.

Would wearing it to school be OK, then?

I have another one:

I went to Six Flags several years ago and there was a T-Shirt that said, “If I would have known it would have turned out like this, I would have picked my own damn cotton.”

Not even referring to anyone in particular. I think that one is a no go, too, but I assume that is OK with the “other side” of the debate here.

Rule of Free speech says the shirt is fine.

Rules of Six Flags say he probably would have been asked to turn it inside out or leave if someone had seen it and gotten it.

Rule of decency says someone should have belted him in the fucking mouth, found out where he got the t-shirt and burnt the place to the ground.

One of the Six Flags is the Stars and Bars.

Just sayin’.

So I was wrong about the turning inside out thing.

Well, this was 15+ years ago (and at 40 y.o., 15 probably means more like 20).

My wife and I went to the mall last weekend for the first time in about a year. All the stores seem to carry is clothes for whores and for the “pants on the ground” gang. I guess that makes us officially old and prudish.

What’s prudish about that?

We gasped in outrage? Clutched our chest and cried “Well, ah nevah!”

Grown ups shouldn’t wear mall clothes in our prudish opinion.

Oops, I had a GIF of a George Carlin seven-dirty-words T-shirt here, but then I realized that one of the seven dirty words is the C-Word That Shall Not Be Named. Not wanting to get kicked out of the Qt3 mall, I turned it inside out and you’re wearing it – I mean reading it – now.

And yeah, the mall’s dress code is what I’d look up, and if it is the same as Six Flags, then narc on the fucking punk and grin as he gets kicked to the curb.

MS: Golly, yes. I hope you complained.

Qt3 has censorship? What’s the story?

Don’t ask.

Read pages 1 to 81.

Jesus mercy, sorry I asked.