I hate my PSP more and more

it’s closing the gaping security holes that allow people to play ISOs of psp games, charles. Which sucks, because they run a SHIT TON BETTER from memory stick than from umd, and you can rip out dumb things like burnout’s soundtrack and replace it with decent music.

Anyways, I’d just like to point out that and battery charging doohicky counts as the ac adapter (nykos charger case works) in a pinch, and that they do infact sell Civ 4 in the state of california.

2.5 will be more annoying when required since it will cause the loss of HD-loader style convenienve you get in 1.5 and the loss of emulators and homebrew (airhocky!) you can get in 1.5 (and in limited amounts in 2.0, though you can drop the 2.0 to 1.5 later to go back, 2.01 and 2.5 cant be downgraded)

Oh and GTA requires 2.0, like actually requires it, or at least checks better for it than the games that “required” it by checking version.txt (which could be faked).

Oh, I know that. But it’s also going to cut out homebrew eventually, which I’m totally against. I think encouraging homebrew will be a great way to keep the industry fresh.

Oh, I know that. But it’s also going to cut out homebrew eventually, which I’m totally against. I think encouraging homebrew will be a great way to keep the industry fresh.[/quote]

Oh I’m against it as well, but it’s kinda a given that sony could care less about keeping the industry fresh, heh. And honestly, only airhocky gets any play here, that thing is great. Emus/interpreters are the homebrew that actually gets played by me. Ripping games to mem. stick is the best feature of 1.5 though, it can fix games ruined by long load times and makes me carry less crap around and still have 3-4 games to play.

PS- anyone know wtf unlocks the custom soundtrack feature in GTA:lc?

PS- anyone know wtf unlocks the custom soundtrack feature in GTA:lc?

There is a mission you must complete in order to do that.

I get about 50% more battery life running a game from the memory stick than the UMD, too.

Also the game is only in black and white, and cars only turn to the left until you beat the game once on all difficulty levels to unlock color and right turns.

That’s a joke, right?

ranvarian didn’t add any smilies so he’s probably not joking. :(

–Dave

Of course, that’s why Nintendo hasn’t gone to optical discs for their portable systems.

I don’t think Nintendo will ever go to optical discs for handhelds. I can’t imagine them ever being truly viable due to battery life and other concerns.

–Dave

Holographic memory, baby.

Yeah I wasnt kidding. As far as I know this is still the only way to do it.

That is so many kinds of retarded there isn’t a number to describe it. Needing to unlock basic functionality of a game? Jesus. I can see the future now.

“Unlock the save feature by defeating the game on über ultra difficult in under thirty-two seconds”.

The psp iso loaders definately prove them right, and really make me wish sony went heavily DRM’d downbloadable games or funky mem sticks for sale or something. It’s not a small difference in load times, it is HUGE, like 30 seconds down to 2. Battery, I dont play long enough sessions to notice I think, but at least movie wise, it does MUCH better w/ non-umd video.

Yeah I wasnt kidding. As far as I know this is still the only way to do it.[/quote]

would you happen to know what mission? because I don’t, and I’m seeing peple have completed the game and not gotten it unlocked?

OK well word on the street today is that it was a last second addition that is not supported yet but expect a patch to come down the wire that will unlock it and fix any loopholes anyone finds to get the game running on 1.5.

Only PC gamers could put up with this much BS just to play a game.

After reading this thread, any nascent interest I had in getting a PSP just dissolved into nada.

why bother on the loopholes since 2.0 can become 1.5 seconds after playing gta? ie- you can downgrade back to 1.5 in minutes, so who cares? Also, plenty of stuff DOES run on 2.0 just dandy.

anyways, really annoying if true, and the patch or whatever should really have been out on launch.

Only PC gamers could put up with this much BS just to play a game.

After reading this thread, any nascent interest I had in getting a PSP just dissolved into nada.[/quote]

Because you can’t program the soundtrack to the PSP’s GTA version. Yeah, okay, that’s a rational response.

After taking with R* tech support they said that it was a feature added late and just keep an eye on the website for a possible patch. /shrug

Got me on that one.