I hate this guy

This article features the screaming Hayes modem, when bandwidth was in bps!

He just discovered his first Britney Spears Geocities page, and the possibilities of the World Wide Web are dawning on him all at once.

And a constantly busy home phone. When your wife is trying to call you. From a rotary phone in her office. Before cell phones and broadband and the internet.

Meh, that’s what smoke signals were for.

Heh. Compuserve on a 300 baud modem. On a C 64, no less.

“What do you mean you want to watch TV? I’m playing an ASCII game here!”

Die%20Hippie

He’s waiting for a naked lady to load one line at a time.

Lookit that elbow!

I think her elbow is rather fetching, myself.

Oh god, everything about that screams ‘Freshman college Photoshop midterm’

Too distracted by those giant-ass PS4 controllers. Had no idea those came in big-n-tall sizes.

Is that three white purses in the background by the door? I’d say a guy made this.

This is actually an advertisement for lsd.

Looks more like GHB, machinegunning dudes would give that chick a helluva bad trip were she on acid.

Is she facing and looking at another off-screen tv/monitor? Because she sure isn’t looking at the one in the picture.

Well clearly she is able to translate between dimensions, otherwise how could her right hand occupy the same physical volume as a portion of the controller.

So looking the wrong way is the least of our concerns, really.

I had missed this detail, but this is a very good point, and you are probably on to something.

“Alice! Alice! We need backup!”
“I don’t think she has her headphones on.”
“Where the hell is she going? She’s way off course.”
“Alice we’re dying here!”

Alice: Oooh. Pretty colors.

I’m trying to figure out her expression, what she’s actually emoting. I’m pretty sure this is just pain. I mean, this is just pain and horror, right?

How can we be so sure that image is photoshopped? Maybe reality is even worse, somebody broke and bent her into all manner of unnatural contortions before settling on this one.

I failed to notice all her bottom teeth are gone. Poor girl. :(