I hate this guy

It seems Dr. Laura is still around! Good to know that she hasn’t been fragged.

Meh. In my day, I rocked CH Pro gear.

The term frag has fallen out of favor in recent years hasn’t it.

“Thorn” might be a serious contestant for a winner of the thread… what’s with the early 2ks thing of top models yelling at screens?

Is that thing with Dr. Laura real?
That can’t be real.

Sadly, it is real. You should just do a Google search for “PC Accelerator Magazine” or “PCXL” and see what you get.

That’s an unphotoshopped crop taken today from a PDF of a complete issue on the Internet Archive.

That is amazing.

I too thought that was photoshopped. Can’t believe they actually printed that.

She is in fact terrible. It just seems oddly placed in a video game magazine.

I remember that this PC mag always had girls on the cover, often not even with the “excuse” that they were holding some sort of tech. In one of the issues the editor even admitted that because horny boys like hot girls the images boosted their circulation…

I think this is actually a Bioshock character on display.

(eh… I never played bioshock 1 or 2, I assume you are joking?)

Yes, you are lucky to have not experienced its medical aisle yet!

You don’t hear “gibs” anymore either.

Yeah I kind of miss that one.

I always think of the polygon pieces left over from fragging people in Quake. Only the best gibs!

It’s a tech-leaning British lad mag. They have ones loosely focusing on cars, music, working out, and probably dozens of other genres too. Basically they’re titty mags without the nudity, very big in the 90s. They’re all vaguely shameful in a watching reality TV sort of lowest common denominator way but basically harmless.

With PC Format (and I seem to remember ST Format was the same way), it was just the cover though. It wasn’t like Stuff or T3. There was no gratuitous content inside. Which made the whole thing even more shameless, frankly. There were published letters to the editor complaining about the covers almost every single month. At least the lads mags lived up to their covers. As much as any magazine does, anyway.

Thank god for the British magazine press, though. We wouldn’t have any video games magazines to buy at Barnes & Noble without them. It’s mildly ridiculous.