I hate this guy

If Maxim was about PCs.

If he was genuine about his apology that would be a different story. He was sorry that he lost money.

I’m confused. Was the graphics card so fast that it circled back around for another pass before the guy could fall? Or did it cheat by phasing through his torso but solidifying at the top and bottom to slice through his neck and waist in one go?

I would hate to think that its speed was compromised.

This has got to be a joke, right? Made me laugh out loud.

I…what…I…er…no that can’t…I mean it isn’t…that’s just…what?

That guy looks really happy to be wearing that hood outside. I bet it’s comfortable.

Oh man, it’s an entire comic of I hate this guy

Graphics! Selling games since 1981:

In case it’s hard to read, that’s Atari baseball on the left, Intellivision on the right. The guy in the ad is George Plimpton.

As a kid I enjoyed Atari baseball much more than the real thing because I wasn’t benched all season.

As a kid I always thought of George Plimpton as “Intellivision guy” and I was surprised to find out much later that he’s had quite the career beyond that.

This was an interesting podcast that included Plimpton.

Intellivision also ran TV commercials with Plimpton. I thought it was very effective marketing at the time.

Yeah, he was everywhere, which is why I thought he was Intellivision. Kind of like those Playatation ads that had the VP character for a long time, but he’s really just an actor. I probably should have known better but it was still weird seeing him turn up in Geico ads.

It also turns out Orson Welles wasn’t just Dark Tower Guy.

I gotta post this -

I really love the way they “ting” against the plate/floor when he knocks them over so that you know they are currently frozen.