I hate this guy

I could be out of touch but that sure doesn’t look like an ad targeted at 20 year olds, Maybe this kind of… plain advertising is common for the genre though.

There’s more to the ad than that; it’s a joystick in a wastebasket or something. It was the ‘STD’ that caught my eye…

Photo caption:

My god! What is grandma doing with the…

Has this been posted multiple times, or was the guy in glasses featured in multiple computer ads in the 90s? He looks so familiar.

Not sure – certainly possible it’s an accidental repeat.

Modern ad hilarity…

superlol

family guy vomit scene.gif

Terrible, awful commercial but… umm, online multiplayer? Online MP for these old games is pretty awesome.

And that’s when they found out granny was padding her pension doing truly hideous things to animals, men and women clad in tiny and oddly placed strips of leather.

So just to be clear, I definitely do not hate Victor Borge.

Kind of a funny ad anyway. 1978 Byte Magazine issue.

victor

Chunky, delicious ROM chips.

They look big enough to hold vacuum tubes.

Dafuq is up with the cook guy in the middle?! he has a purple face and bright yellow lipstick. wtf was the intended message there?!

Mad scientist. Get it? With a Frankenstein’s monster. And I guess that’s supposed to be Terri Garr from Young Frankenstien back there? Or maybe mad scientists just have French maids?

-Tom

Surely you recall Elsa Lanchester in The Bride of Frankenstein? Classic hairstyle. Old Doc Frankenstein may have been a genius but he was a crap hairstylist.

I didn’t know Chef Boyardee moonlighted as a mad scientist.

Dude. Madeline Kahn.

I have that movie damn near memorized. Peter Boyle is reading the paper in bed, Madeline comes out in a negligee with that hairdo as a callout to Bride of Fankenstien. Cut to Gene Wilder and Teri Garr in bed, she knows what the monster got from him, but wonders what he got from the monster. He shows her and inspires an aria. Cut to Igor on the horn. End credits.

Have you eaten the mini raviolis?