I hate this guy

I keep thinking when watching this, the kid is probably around 30, now. I’m just thrilled nobody had any good clips of me as a kid, lol.

edit - and Zaxxon was better than Dragon’s Lair.

I’m lucky. I bounced off Dragon’s Lair hard as a kid. I had better things to blow quarters on.

Man even at 10 or so it took us all of about four quarters to figure out that Dragon’s Lair was some bullshit.

Man were we suckers for all the 2.5d beat em ups though. Avengers, Simpsons, X-Men, those were the jam.

Oh absolutely.

And also the Jurassic Park on rails light gun game. The T-Rex Chase it starts with was the most amazing thing ever to 10 year old me.

More like 50+. His Dragon’s Lair accomplishment was in 1983, 35 years ago.

He’s aged pretty well, too:

Heh. How did you find him? He does look younger than 50+. I would have pegged him at early 40’s or even late 30’s. Kudos to him

I never know what to think about people who dress younger than they are. I guess if you can pull it off, go for it.

LOL - that’s Sammy Hagar. J_Thomas was having some fun :)

Whoa, I didn’t know Sammy Hagar was into Dragon’s Lair! Man, I guess beating that dragon really did take him places.

edit: oh, it really is Sammy Hagar? Well that’s a little less funny.

Oh well, I’m not that up on aging rock stars who were never that important anyway.

Can I hate on Sammy Hagar now? I think I will!

I like this version better:

Sammy Hagar is actually 71 years old.

Was, like, that hair even a thing?

I am sincerely hoping lack of skill at Photoshop is to blame for what happened there.

The third guy from the right looks appropriately skeptical.

-Tom

I assure you, it was a thing.

It’s better than a bowl cut, at least.