I have returned ding dongs!

I was about to ask for a chart so we could see the old vs. new aliases…who else is there?

I’ll start:

Brian Koontz, as we all know, is really Derek Smart.

I, as stated earlier, am Mach “Side Suto” Five. Please, no more joking about my font.

Look you dillholes, I already apologized. We need to focus on what’s important here, and that’s the religious persecution directed towards me, the most lovable poster on the forum, by far:

OK I had to use the Raife quote twice but I don’t have a lot to work with. Plus I’m being persecuted so lay off.

Unfortunately for you guys I’m not even Christian so I don’t believe in your leprechauns or whatever it is you worship. Ducks are pretty cool, though.

I’m wumpus.

[stands in front of CRT]
I AM WUMPUS!

Is there some kind of patch or upgrade we could install to just let us fast forward to the next time Spoofy storms off angrily? Chet? Paging Chet, we need you in here. And Cathcart, there’s a side sudo with your name on it for all this.

To hell with Chet, this thread needs Jon R.

I don’t want to get in the way of you boys’ ruckus, but I want to make it clear that the above factoid is absolutely incorrect.

Chet could theoretically log in as an admin and check IPs and identities, but there’s no reason for him to be mucking around at this level of involvement. And he certainly wouldn’t disclose the indentity of an account, either by name or IP address. Your anonymity is guaranteed here and the only guys who can compromise it – me and chet – take it very seriously.

The only reason people know MikeTwain and SpoofyChop are the same poster is because he announced it.

-Tom

Hey times change Finnegan! You have to adapt. You used to be a highly clever critic of people who were taking themselves too seriously. Now you’re just a bitter windbag who attacks everybody!

To wax Koontzian for a moment, it is a complete and uncontrovertible Fact that the dynamic in this forum changed between summer of 2002 and January of 2004. It used to be a place where people hung out and shot the shit and occasionally made fun of each other. But starting in about the summer of 2003 there was a real shift towards people just being mean to each other. Factions developed that were more interested in scoring snark points than just talking. I’d even admit that I probably was part of the problem, so my melodramatic “it’s all your fault” thing was pretty lame. I needed to get away from it all for a while because this place was just stressing me out.

When I came back, rather than trying to entertain people (however much or little you think I succeeded at that) I simply decided to write whatever the hell I felt like writing at that moment. When you’re trying to entertain people you are concerned with what they think of you. When you’re just doing whatever you feel like you write “puerile quips” when that’s what you feel like writing. Just hanging out here and doing my own damn thing is a lot less stressful and annoying than trying to be some kind of forum comedian (which is basically what I was doing the first time around.) This turned out to be a bad idea because if you’re trying to be the happy clown and everybody calls you an asshole every other day you start to become unhappy about it. If you’re just hanging out doing your own thing, it’s far less important to you what the forum police think of you.

So previously, I probably would have gone home crying because mean old DrCrypt was a jerk to me, but these days I don’t give a flying bag of dogshit what you think of me. Sorry.

Hey, while we’re at it, you got one of your very humorous “facts” wrong:

The elapsed time between the date that I joined as MikeTwain (Sep 17 2004) and the date of chet’s “callout” was ten days. Nice research there.

Huh. I thought this thread was going to be about SpoofyChop bringing sugary baked goods back to the confectioner from whom he had purchased them. Punctuation is not my friend, I guess. Joke’s on me.

Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana.

–milo
http://www.starshatter.com

Hey DrCrypt! Please take some notes from quatoria. He seems to understand the concept of humor.

Also…

I do think that this place has gotten quite a bit better since Jan 2004 when I stormed off (although maybe the only thing that changed is me…hard to say.). We’re lucky in that Tom takes a very hands-off approach to running the place. He didn’t ban people when everybody was being an asshat in late 2003 and he didn’t scold anybody either. He just let everything work itself out.

This is still an incredibly cool place to hang. There’s industry people here to talk to, there’s HDTV advice to be had from Loyd, there’s funny posters, there’s interesting if often absurd political discussion, and there’s plenty of people just talking about games.

This is basically the “Cheers” of the internet for me. Except everybody is Carla. Why can’t we all be “Woody?” Who knows.

Hey let me just add that I don’t really have anything against anybody here. I’m giving DrCrypt a hard time because he started it.

I also have nothing against chet. He’s funny and somtimes he’s a jerk just like everybody else here. He actually offered to help me with things on two separate occasions, most recently sending me a PM about how to get my HL CD key fixified. (Interestingly somebody here from Valve also did the same thing.) :)

The only person on the forum that I really really don’t get along with is Jason McCullough and that’s because he has WAY more posts than me and I’m extremely ultra jealous.

:evil:

What an awesome thread. Crypt’s rewrite is great.

Nothing wrong with Spoofy being back and it’s good to see him take some credit for being part of the reason the personality of the board changed. He went from being someone who enjoyed the board and liked hanging out with people to someone very different and not nearly as enjoyable to participate in threads with. Currently he has an attitude different from even the pre-Evil Spoofy days (as he already has stated).

Cathcart, you’re blameless in this (right?), but it’s hilarious to read the back and forth.

I didn’t know Squirrel Killer was Mach Five. Perhaps a reposting of the “beard” photos is in order? Or am I thinking of someone else?

This is basically the “Cheers” of the internet for me.

SPOOFYCHOP!

I don’t react well to being attacked. Probably the internet is not the best place for me. I definitely became more of a turd in late 2003 and I think I even basically apologized for it when I left. Personally I don’t really think that me becoming a turd was totally my fault. I feel like I was reacting to other people being pretty jerky too, but I’m willing to accept my fair share of the blame for things getting a bit nasty around that time.

Currently he has an attitude different from even the pre-Evil Spoofy days (as he already has stated).

I tend to think that my current approach is more in line with my actual personality rather than either a) a pretty bad comedy act or b) a pretty sad angry teenager act. My real personality is all over the map just like my current participation is here. Sometimes I’m funny, sometimes I’m an asshole, sometimes I’m helpful and nice, and sometimes I drone on and on about boring crap that nobody cares about.

Ask Cathcart…I think he’d agree that this is what I’m like in real life too.

I didn’t know Squirrel Killer was Mach Five. Perhaps a reposting of the “beard” photos is in order? Or am I thinking of someone else?

I think he’s kidding.

I’ll post my side suto certificate when I get home. :wink:

Kind of. I mean I did tell him about QT3. But I’m gonna pass the buck and blame Penny Arcade because Tycho was the one who linked me to QT3 and because it’s cool to hate on PA. So all of you can blame them for Spoofy.

PS Way to go guys on not making an Elhajj joke after Spoofy asked why we can’t all be Woody.

Forum! Yes, that would have been awesome.

Next time bring sugary baked goods, SoppyChip.

Does this mean Mark is no longer part of the The Entity?

Mark will always be part of the Entity. It wouldn’t be an Entity without Mark.

-Tom

I’ll post my side suto certificate when I get home. :wink:[/quote]

SQUIRREL KILLER WANTS HIS COFFEE!

Oh, and I blame Spoofy’s personality on the Red Kryptonite. I told you that shit was bad news when you saw it on Ebay.