I Heart Uncharted

I’m getting increasingly excited about this movie.

And I’m getting decreasingly excited to see the depths to which you’ll go to troll Uncharted fans. Nothing up there was interesting enough to excite anyone who is interested in this film for any reason. It basically reads as “So I was watching National Treasure 2 and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and thought to myself ‘that seems good’.”

Alex Litel: Demographic of One.

I’m wondering if the (well-founded) slamming of alex in this thread might be more entertaining than the movie itself.

Why do people get a license, and then discard everything from the license? Also, its weird how in the videogame world, working with a licensed property, any and all changes are subject to approval, and its quite a pain to change things, and yet in the land of hollywood, they’re allowed to do anything they want.

If only there was a family that’s a force to be reckoned with in the world of internet discussion and debate…a family that deals with posts of flame and posts of ignorance and metes out justice.

Heh, all I could think of when reading that is:

So he just wants to make another National Treasure movie?

So fucking true.

I’m completely sincere here. I am speaking as a fan of Russell’s past works who is excited to see another film by him; given that he’s writing this, it interests me more than The Fighter at this point.

The first National Treasure is a very solid dumb adventure movie.

Yes, it is. However, I referenced National Treasure 2, which introduces his mother, thus creating a full nuclear family that’s a force to be reckoned with in the world of international art and antiquities.

NO! You are a very solid dumb adventure movie.

ok…

Maybe you’re not a movie.

But he is an adventure?

Well, arguing with him is like the descent into madness.

It seems that all this talk is just David O. Russell running his mouth, and the studio does not want the actors he has mentioned and isn’t too keen on his premise, either. There’s a very good chance this abomination will not see the light of day.

I sure fucking hope so.

It wouldn’t be the first time.

Honestly, after that Lily Tomlin YouTube fiasco I’m surprised anyone would be willing to work with him ever again.

I thought that was staged.

George Clooney got into a fistfight with him on the set of Three Kings.

It’s not weird at all. It’s just the natural order of things given the massive difference in current levels of cultural respect for the two mediums.

What I find weird is that they’d bother licensing the game at all. It’s got totally generic characters and plot as far as films go (in my opinion, of course; nb. I played “only” 10 hours of the game :), and it has nowhere near the cultural resonance of Tomb Raider, to address the common analogy. I guess I need to get around to reading the copy of Hollywood Economics on my shelf, because I can’t see why they’d bother instead of just rolling their own. I guess somebody has a spreadsheet that shows the 5M people who bought the game and who will go to the movie outweighs the baggage you get from making a “video game movie”. Or maybe it’s just a Sony internal thing and actual economics have nothing to do with it.

Chris