I ignore you, you ignore me, we're a happy family

He’s calmed down quite a bit since his Come To Chickus moment. Come back, Mr VR!

hey it’s a gaming forum. What’s your theory? Explain it rationally. If you are unable to then I’m sticking with mine.

Shit like this is why he should be banned. He is not one of us. He’s a troll.

Does this style remind anyone of anyone?

Throw out a ridiculous premise. Fend off criticism by shouting that you’re just “trying to have a conversation.” Force people to prove your ridiculous claims are false repeatedly. Fail to acknowledge said proof.

https://sports.yahoo.com/mike-leach-spends-fathers-day-arguing-twitter-heavily-edited-barack-obama-conspiracy-video-050851547.html

These types of people are taking advantage of a quirk of liberal democracy: that we want to encourage good-faith discussions about ideas.

Except they’re not discussing anything in good faith. They’re just trying to give their crazy ideas time in the limelight, and get them discussed in the same breath as actual, factual ideas.

This is the reason why anti-vax is making inroads. Because we’re giving time to the scientifically disproven theory that vaccines are harmful in the name of “having a discussion.”

Same with climate change and evolution.

More thought policing from the intolerant left!

Yeah, absolutely. I just long for the day when we make actual progress on some of these issues.

For example, nobody serious is open to “having a discussion” about the Earth being flat. People are allowed to believe it, but this is not an open debate anymore.

When do we get to that with climate change and evolution?

But that’s a different topic.

We’re already there, anyone who doesn’t believe in vaccines, climate change, evolution, etc, is clearly a kook. If you choose to try to change their opinions via logical argument, well, good luck with that.

I’ve posted this elsewhere but worth reposting

All I know for sure is that I, personally, feel less welcome at Qt3 now than I used to.

I don’t think it’s a good thing, but i understand your sentiment. I won’t be leaving P&R, but I will not sharing as freely as I did before.

If we’re counting heads here, let me put my hand up with the same. Dozens of posts over a couple hours that are just like beating your head on a wall, repeated multiple times a day across the various threads, and I’ve never been less happy in that sub forum than I am now.

Tom spoke with him, if he hasn’t calmed down and is still overwhelming the forum with volume, report his posts saying so.

Volumes down. If that was Tom’s goal, he got it.

Yes, credit where credit is due, it’s been better the last few days.

Good!

He never was, at least any more than a couple of other people.

I know you don’t see it. There are lot of people who go at it, who butt heads, shake the trees and so on. This is different. It’s just different.

It’s on the rise again.

Yeah today was anti-BLM and pro-internment camps day.

Yeah the “hood on/ hood off” act was in full swing today.