I just saw a PS3 on The Price is Right

And not surprisingly, all four contestants’ guesses were way under the actual retail value. PS3 price != consumer perception of value?

This might be the only time I ever agree with Adam Sandler, but the price is wrong, bitch!

J’think?

Sony should issue a press release telling us why these contestants were wrong.

Which model and What were their guesses?

I’ll say it was the 40GB model and $200.

What was the winning bid? Did they mention the Blu-Ray? Did they mention Killzone 2? How about Home? PSN? The possible power of the cell? The motion controller? Rumble?

You know, that brings up an interesting point.
As they drop the hard drive size to bring the price down, I bet the consumer perception drops much more.

I mean, why wouldn’t a 120GB model be worth 3X as much as the 40GB one?

If Bob Barker were still emcee he would have gone down there and taught those contestants some discipline. Then he would have sexually harassed them.

I think the more important issue to be discussed is why the hell would anyone not suffering from some kind of brain damage actually watch The Price Is Right voluntarily?

I hope you have a good explanation, Gary. Something along the lines of “research” is pretty much the only excuse that’ll fly.

I’ll bid $201, Drew!

FUCKER!

I’ll bet $250. The contestants may have gotten the PS3 confused with the more popular Wii.

He’s writing a new horror movie script in which the slasher is an ex-gameshow model bitter over her release due to age and the harassment suit she was bringing against the studio. It’s called “Price Cuts”.

Unfortunately, after much focus testing, it will be called “The Price is Wrong” by the time it goes direct to video.

Saw it too. One guy guessed 600, another guess 650, and the 650 won, because it had some extra games attached to the price, which screwed a lot of people up, I think.

I can’t believe no one’s said the line, “The price is wrong, BITCH!”

If you mean no one after the second post in this thread, you would be correct.

Troy

Irony. Noun.

1. The use of words to express something other than and especially the opposite of the literal meaning
  2. (1): incongruity between the actual result of a sequence of events and the normal or expected result (2): an event or result marked by such incongruity

Example: “I just saw the PS3 on The Price is Right.”

The price is wrong, BITCH!

Tee hee.

On a more serious note, price is no longer what’s “wrong” with the PS3.

I own both a 360 and a PS3… and knowing what I know now, and if the price for both were magically the same, as a gamer, I would buy a 360 over a PS3 without hesitation.

Price was the issue when the assumption was that the PS3 could justify the price difference for early adopters by providing a better gaming experience. That isn’t happening.