I just set a new record for time-to-uninstall in Civilization VI

If you’re the type of person who wasn’t thrilled about Civ in general why even bother playing in the first place? It sounds like you’re the type that would rather play Cod, Fortnite, and 2k shudders 😝

^ this

This has turned into the most entertaining thread suddenly.

The amount of stupid these sorts of threads pull in makes the case for going back to being required to email Tom before being allowed to post.

Don’t agree with things you don’t understand, child.

I weep for this generation. Or point and laugh at them. Definitely one or the other.

We’re going to have to rearrange the cargo before we take off. It’s suddenly become… unbalanced.

Or go back to Disqus for extra fun comment sections.

So why now? It wasn’t a review so didn’t somehow screw over the game on metacritic and draw in the flies from there. It was just a short blurb about zombies, Civ, and how they aren’t mixing well.

Must have gotten a reddit repost or the like.

It could be worse, it could be Civ VI matters too.

It could be just using the phrase “Battle Royale” sends up a flare.

Normally I would request that Tom re-post his original Deus Ex review on the front page for shits and giggles, but I don’t think any of these kids know what it is.

Hi new people. We’re actually mostly nice here and you can find interesting game discussions. Were not all as causal as it might look at first glance.

How come no one told me we have emojis now?

¯_(ツ)_/¯

Oh my god your arm is missing!

No I am just wearing an invisibility sleeve, it’s for casuals only.

Since when are Civ5 and 6 not casual, at least outside of some rare multiplayer competitive scene that might exist?
And that isn’t an indictment either, there is nothing wrong with that. Unlike the actual issues.

What happened to the new folk? No replies? Strange.

If you ever get the chance to play Civ5 multiplayer, I highly recommend it. A friend started up an 8 person PBM game, and it’s the most absurd thing ever. We will probably wrap the game up around 2032, assuming we thread the actuarial needle and none of us are dead or incapacitated by then.

Probably didn’t even notice cause this type of thing really isn’t on the radar aside from the ad sense pushing on google. I know I wouldn’t have given it a second thought to come back and check had it not popped up on the google home page a second time today at a higher ranking.

You say peaceful but the original post is somewhat irritating and in a sense provoking people to respond with the like. Or is this another one of those “it’s only peaceful because we’re all like minded and perma ban anyone that disagrees” type deals?