I love Aliens

Awesome. Homework: Assigned.

Saw this at Maker Faire in NYC a couple of weeks ago:
Project Sentry Gun

Since the thread has risen from the dead, I’ll add this story:

1. Vasquez’s smartgun has “Adios” written on the side

To the best of my knowledge, I own the 53rd constant-air paintball gun ever made (using a 10oz CO2 tank instead of 12g cartridges). After seeing the volume of paintballs the thing could put out compared to other paintball guns of the time, of course I painted “Adios” on the side.

They can assign the cost to my accounts!

Oh, man! That is awesome.

What’s the story? Why did they have a reunion at the Calgary Expo?

Damn, Frost still rocking a six pack.

I’ve rarely ever wanted to be at an expo, but I would have paid good money just to sit there and hear that line delivered, lol

Holy cow…is that Newt?

Man, Sigourney Weaver is keeping herself quite well, compared to so many others. And wow if thats Newt!

Where’s Bowski in those photos?

Almost didn’t recognize Jenette Goldstein. She had the best line in the movie:

Hudson: Hey Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?
Vasquez: No. Have you?

Yeah, I had no idea who she was in those pictures.

And yes, as far as I can tell that is Carrie Henn who played Newt. I will now place myself firmly in the “I suddenly feel very, very old” camp, although it looks like she’s only 6 years younger than I am.

I don’t remember these two. Is she the dropship pilot and he is . . .? Wait, she was Drake’s main squeeze?

You can’t be serious? Jenette Goldstein was the badass marine Vasquez, and Newt was the little girl they found as the only survivor on the planet?

lol. That’s cold.

I suspect that the two pictured above are generic Con announcers. The lady doesn’t look old enough to have been in Aliens.

I was stunned by Jenette Goldstein too. Despite being a massive fan of the movie, I guess I never knew the actress’ name (for some reason I convinced myself Vasquez was played by Rosie Perez), and a quick Google shows that she basically sported a different look in almost every role she played:

<-- Mother in Terminator 2!

Wait, Vasquez was the Foster Mom in Terminator 2?! Mind blown.

James Cameron loves to keep using his favorite actors.

You mean Weirzbowski? Yeah, I totally read the novelization of Aliens as a kid, I’m that kind of nut.

Took me a couple of photos to recognize Michael Biehn, oddly enough. I guess the facial hair kind of threw me. Haven’t seen Paul Reiser in anything in ages, a little odd to see him aging. Yeah, I know that doesn’t make any sense.

Dear lord…I swear the picture wasn’t there when I was replying, and I thought he meant those that people were discussing.

SORRY JMR!