I love Aliens

Now that’s just mean. That’s mean, man.

-Tom

What? It’ll all get explained to him there. The Asosial One deserves no less.

I still don’t understand why Ripley went back for the cat in the first Alien. Going back for Newt, in Aliens? Makes sense, Newt is a little girl. But a cat?

I guess I’ll never understand cat people. @tomchick, would you undo an airlock and go back to almost certain death for your cat?

I can say I definitely would. And absolutely for my dog. Are you out of your mind, man?!?

Just a few months ago I went back into a fire evacuation area to retrieve ten birds and a cat, having to go through two police barricades. And they weren’t even my pets. They were my girlfriend’s pets.

Ripley going back for Jonesy is a no-brainer to me.

-xtien

“Come on, cat.”

In other news - are there any streaming services that have Alien/s?

HBO Go currently has Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, Alien Resurrection and Alien: Covenant. No Prometheus though.

It’s for the best.

I only own Alien and Aliens. It is pretty sweet.

“Dumb-ass colonists”

I love my universe where that is all that exists. It’s a cool place.

I, too, inhabit that perfect universe. Although I heard that some idiots made some really bad fan-fiction later on… in much the same way some other idiots made a bunch of bad fan-fiction of the 70’s Star Wars movies. I wish the creators of those shows would crack down on that stuff.

I will add that I too only own blurays of the first two movies. I think the third movie gets way too much hate and I don’t mind watching it now and then but not nearly enough to need to own a copy.

I re-watched Aliens in honor of Sergeant Apone. Man, it’s really weird to see all the actors so young or rather, to see them so old. My brain can’t reconcile the fact that they’ve aged. 32 years since Aliens was made. I remember watching it on VHS. I’m happy they’re all immortalized forever in this great movie.

He is the Alien. And you are Ash.

So so you’re writing the Prometheus sequel? :)

Whatever he writes, it’ll be better than Resurrection! Heck, 120 minutes of this would be better.

No you!

• Yes.
  • No.
  • Depends on the Cat.
0 voters

To be fair I’m allergic to cats so never had one as a pet.
Would you undo an airlock and go back to almost certain death for your dog?

• Yes
  • No
  • Depends upon the dog

0 voters

Ok @RichVR, if not a dog or a cat, what about your birds?