I love Aliens

My birds would be in a cage. They are already with me. I would have them in a special sealed cage with its own oxygen supply. As one does. They are used to flying in a zero G situation.

They’re good birbs, Brad.

BTW, my dog is smart enough that it doesn’t go running around where it smells anything like an alien. So rescue isn’t an issue. Only cats do that stuff. Stupid cats.

Didn’t end well for the dog in Alien 3 though.

That wasn’t my dog. :)

Maybe Xenomorphs smell like acid-y bacon to dogs. Seeing as my dogs will lick up vomit that’d probably smell pretty tasty.

See, now that makes me think. What do the aliens smell like? Thoughts?

-xtien

@ChristienMurawski Ha! As I wrote that, I was thinking of this! Great work, buddy.

Oh great. I watched that clip, and now I want to see all of those movies again.
Plus I have a DVD collection of them around here.
My movie backlog is starting to dwarf my gaming backlog.

“The Pink Panther Strikes Again”. I think.

Here’s an interview Peter Sellers did with Gene Shalit right after finishing one of my favorites, “Being There”.

We’ve talked about this on the podcast before. I shall refer you to the movie Gator, in which a woman portrayed as a crazy cat lady runs back into a burning house to rescue her cats. That made perfect sense to me as a child.

That said, I don’t think Ripley saw the Jonesy rescue as certain death. It was more like an “oh crap, I forgot something really important” moment.

-Tom

Did she manage to rescue them?
Is the movie worth seeing to find out?

Yes. Tom has an anti- Burt Reynolds bias so his opinion is automatically discounted per US Code (look it up! Burt Reynolds Pretension Prevention Act of 1984). That is not the central plot pivot of Gator though.

It does have this scene in it, which alone, makes it worth a gander:

I remember back when Tom would have one of us from the forum on his podcast, for a while he would quiz us on one of the central choices in Saint’s Row, which was choosing if you’d rather have Burt Reynolds as backup, or a truckload of zombies. And I seem to recall this was usually a pretty tough choice for most of us.

OK I know this looks a little cheesy but … I kind of want it.