I love Lego

If I were loaded, I’d get this for my son for Christmas and we’d build it together over the holidays. To be honest, there’s a chance I do that anyway.

Last Christmas’ gift:

I’m going to get the roller coaster set as well as the pirate roller coaster one soon. The whole family can live on Ensure for a month, right?

LEGO has some sick sets these days.

I don’t have any particular interest in Voltron, but I love how that set looks. Impressive that they pulled it off so well!

I’m not terribly interested either for myself, but my son is an absolute fiend for Voltron so I could see myself picking this up at some point.

Voltron was the toy I most wanted as a kid. Other than LEGO.

God-dammit, how much is this sucker gonna cost?

US$179.99 / £159,99 / 179,99€ / 1499DKK / AU$ 289,99 and CA$ 229.99

I coveted the Matchbox Voltron sets - they had both the traditional lion one and the ‘vehicle’ Voltron. Never got either.

I don’t know which one I got but it was all (mostly) metal, the original lion one, and cost like $50 back in the day. I saved up an entire summer for it, doing chores and mowing lawns around the neighborhood. I still remember walking into the Gold Circle with the cash, they had it for like $1 cheaper or something.

I confess, some of my fascination of the show miiiight have had to do with the pink ranger, so to speak. I vaguely remember that character being in a bikini or something. I don’t think the Voltron came with figurines.

Voltron is not related to Power Rangers AFAIK.

There are LEGO Overwatch sets coming in 2019 which will be distributed and sold normally, but this Blizzard store exclusive Bastion set just went up:

This went back down to normal price sometime this summer. I picked it up from Amazon for $130 and my kids and I put it together last weekend.

It’s a great set to put together with kids because it’s got a bunch of repeated parts, so you can say “You build one, you build one, and I’ll build 2.” It’s really cool. I geek out when people come over and demonstrate the whole Apollo mission sequence to them until they roll their eyes and make me stop. The microfigs that come with it are great for imparting scale. “Look the engine bell is taller than a person. The fins are like 3 people tall.”

Man, that thing is cool.

If Roblox were officially licensed LEGO I would probably play it.

$130? I wish I knew, I’d have bought one!

Yeah, it’s surprisingly good value for Lego.

I love Lego, and I love Overwatch, but I don’t care for Bastion. And that set is way too expensive at 182 pieces.

It’s down to $105 on Amazon right now:
https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Ideas-Apollo-Saturn-Building/dp/B071G3QMS2/