I love stusser

As soon as fucking Dell sends me the right network card (they managed to send a replacement that was EXACTLY the same as my current one, i.e. incompatible), I am down.

Man, I’m really regretting not taking advantage of this offer. The 10% part has expired, meaning it’s not a great deal anymore, just a good one. I held off waiting for some financial issues to clear, and between an unexpected check from my former employer and my tax refund, I could have paid for the computer at the old price almost completely.

Sure I’ll give this a spin. I’ll download 3dmark and do 3 passes.

Nice! This’ll be cool! I’m dling 3dmark 06 right now, and will post some results in the next couple of days. I’m SLAMMED busy at work and play, so I’ll do it asap, which may not be for a while.

First run, with stock everything that this machine came with (didn’t even upgrade the NVidia drivers yet): 11368

I haven’t run a 3dmark test in years, so I don’t even know if this is good or not. :)

2nd test, only thing I shut down was the Windows Sidebar: 11522

Third test: 11328

Ha! Niether do I, but the online results seem to indicate “Yes!”

Mine got 11411 on the first test. All background programs are off except for the network and sound. Just like if I had to squeeze the rig for framerate. I’ll post the next results in this same post.

Test #2: 11286. This margin of error is a bitch, huh?

Test #3: Hmm. 11164. This time I kept everything on that starts with my computer; Steam, Xfire, Sidebar, and GChat, and the score was predictably smaller.

That’s still in the 80th Percentile of all scores submitted, so I’m doing pretty well. I imagine everyone else will have similar scores, but we’ll see.

Woot!

I’ve finished copying over my critical data, so I’ll be setting mine up today. I’ll post up some scores for comparison - though I opted for a different CPU, so that will make the results less directly comparable.

Crysis runs like shit on my new PC.

3.0Ghz c2d, 8800GT, 4GB RAM.

It runs ok on medium settings, but, really, I didn’t buy a new PC to run Crysis on medium.

Seriously, fuck that game.

Okay, you’re gonna kill me (stop me if you’ve heard this one): You’re running in DX9 mode? You’ve defragged and all that shit? Background programs? Seriously, that stuff makes a difference.

You have a badass rig; you should be running on High at 30fps, no prob. On our stusser-rigs (Stusser’s Rig of Death?) we can run at that speed just fine.

Balasarius- what resolution are you trying to run in?

And try my config file.

SROD.

There’ll be other better deals, particularly if you don’t care about the blu-ray drive.

Aw shit. The deal is over.

Where did you read about the deal originally, and how often do they come along?

Edit: NM I see it was Slickdeals from the OP. the second Q still stands

And turn off AA.

3DMark06 result - 11194. I’m pretty damn happy with that. What in the hell was that canyon test, though, that ran at 0 - 1 FPS both times?

And looked totally shitty? I don’t know, but it was weird.

That’s the CPU test. It scales up with the number of cores. If you stare it it, you’ll see little robots running around. Those are all doing physics and AI stuff. the low resolution is to minimize the impact of the graphics car.

Also, I think the CPU tests do all 3d rendering with the CPU… not using the GPU at all.