I Love the 80s

All right, so I just watched, like, four episodes of this back to back on VH1. Strangely compelling.

That’s all I wanted to say.

Isn’t that the show Goat Boy used to host?

I watched a few of those episodes myself and taped the 1981 show for my wife since it had a short bit on Rick Springfield. I look at some of the things we thought were cool/hot/fashionable and wonder what the hell were we thinking. Some of the music does hold up very well though.

-DavidCPA

I was a teen in the eighties and I distinctly remember wondering how that decade was going to be lampooned in the years to come. At the time, I couldn’t imagine it. Everything seemed so normal: big hair, Izod shirts, tight jeans… It seemed like it would last forever.

Obviously, I was out of my mind.

Parachute Pants.

Bandannas… Loverboy-style.

Miami Vice pastel sportsjackets

Jams

Skinny ties!

wraparound sunglasses, ala cyclops

All that is still better than the styles of the 70s.

Yeah, this TEN HOUR series was surprisingly good. I would have sworn that the whole 80’s thing had been done to death already, but I’ll be damned if they didn’t milk some real gems out of it. Great guest spots by a hugely varied list of stars. Ricky Schroeder on Silver Spoons, the crazy oriental inventor of the wall-walker on er… wall-walkers, and Ian Black deadpanning everything.

I caught it partway in and Tivo-ed the entire series (they were repeating all day). Shall I email them to you all?

Actually, I liked the commentary by Mo Rocca the best. Nobody does deadpan like Mo.

I can’t be bothered to download all that crap. Burn them to some DVD-Rs and FedEx overnight them to me, you selfish asshole.

I had my fill of the 80s with Vice City :D

Sadly I cannot say that I’m on the edge of my seat awaiting the Knight Rider game.

I will get it when they do the twin pack of the Knight Rider/Dukes of Hazzard GOTY editions.

OK, I finally ripped this great 10-hour series from my Tivo. I know, it’s been forever, but it’s not like the 80’s are getting any older at this point.

Anyway I have it now in 10 DivX encoded episodes of about 450 megabytes each. Very high quality: 320x240 with relatively low compresison and 128kbps mp3 stereo audio. If anyone is interested PM me.