I Played This Indie Game and You Should Too!

Hey, everyone! Super Amazing Wagon Adventure is now on Steam for a paltry $2.50. It’s a crazy, shooty, surprising ode to Oregon Trail, but with machine guns, space stations, and unicorns. Also an appropriately absurd number of buffalo. And I don’t know what else because I still haven’t gotten past the desert stages.

Oh yeah? Well, Heroes of Sokoban is free and it is really good. (Kinda short, too!)

Heroes of Sokoban: http://www.puzzlescript.net/play.html?p=6860122
Heroes of Sokoban II: http://www.puzzlescript.net/play.html?p=6910207

Heroes of Sokoban III is out: http://www.puzzlescript.net/play.html?p=7072276
Seriously, if you have not played these games, you are missing out.

Indeed, quite fun indeed and thanks for the pointer. I had to allow a couple of scripts to run to be able to play the games in my browser, but yeah nice retro looking puzzle games.

Huh. Apparently I got this in an IndieRoyale some time ago and didn’t even notice.

This thread has had no loving for a while now, remember this is the thread to post about Indie games you KNOW are good/interesting etc, it’s linked in the first post of the other thread which is about Indie games that MIGHT be good/interesting, but you have not played. These were not my rules, but a few folks said we needed two threads for that distinction.

Anyway this is a free indie browser games with a nice soundtrack:

RPS said some stuff about it here:

Indies going all in with self-publishing: an Ethan: Meteor Hunter post mortem

i.e. they sold 127 games and they reflect on why.

Hey, guys! Steamworld Dig just came out on Steam (was it on XBLA before that?) and it’s fantastico! If you happened to play a mobile game called Gem Miner, then the easiest way to explain it is Gem Miner with more of a story and occasional Metroidvania sections. (Sounds like it might have something in common with Full Bore, too!) If you haven’t played Gem Miner, then it’s not too inaccurate to compare it to Junk Jack X and Terraria, except that there’s no building, just digging. At least, I haven’t gotten to any building.

Anyway, it’s got a charming steampunk western theme and a nice way of slowly unfolding new gameplay elements. Give it a whirl!

It was on the 3ds eShop. Nintendo liked it so much they featured in a Nintendo Direct. Sadly the game hasn’t gotten nearly the attention it deserves.

I dunno if this one was mentioned, don’t think it was, but I’m a sucker for arcadey racing games, and Little Racers Street is a really fun little top down racer I’ve been enjoying in little bits here and there.

Wow, that looks great for those of use who loves R/C Pro Am on the NES and Super Sprint!

Or the amazing Micro Machines games.

There will be many bitter indie tears thanks to Steam and iOS giving the impression that every quaint twist on a standard gamestyles with C level production values is going to lead to success.

Has it’s own thread, but deserves it’s place here as well. The Swapper:

http://facepalmgames.com/the-swapper/

I didn’t care for the steampunk theme, but it didn’t matter, it’s a terrific game and I was pleased to see that it looks like the developers are definitely making a sequel.

DataJack, a cyberpunk thing

Thread about it here, if anyone interested

Papo & Yo is actually pretty good. I feel a bit bad waiting for it to show up in a bundle now. It’s not very difficult (so far, at least), but the environments are great. The way you change the environment to solve the puzzles is just really, really well done. I haven’t finished, but I’m assuming it is short (howlongtobeat.com says 3.5 hours).

The Humble Bundle that has it is still running, and you don’t even have to beat the average to get it. Avoid if you hate 3d platformers, though, I guess.

Cook, Serve, Delicious. Fast paced typing-of-the-dead/build-a-burger style game.

Steam (available on a bunch of other stores, including the author’s site, but the steam version has extra things like leader-boards and achievements. Well, I think only the steam version has leader-boards. who knows?). Also on android/iOS. I’ve played the demo on my tablet – I much prefer mashing keys than using a touchscreen for this game.
QT3
First became aware of it in this gamasutra blog by the author.

I’ll second Cook, Serve, Delicious. I don’t know why I’m a sucker for the stress of this kind of game (as well as his earlier game, The Oil Blue).