I think I messed up.... (bad taco meat?)

Grade’s got less to do with it than conditions and the severe lack of oversight of the inspection and safety process. If companies didn’t sell meat contaminated with actual shit because it was economical to do so and they were allowed to, we probably would have a lot fewer problems, a hell of a lot more expensive meat, and fewer McDonalds around.

I’ll let you guys be the judge of that, but seeing as how McDs is one of my favorite places to go. . .

I would like to just add my 2 cents I learned with my degree.

Onset of food poisoning can very greatly depending on the particular bug you ingest.

(My microbiology class was really focused on food poisoning)

Also, food poisoning happens more often than you think when we eat, sometimes symptoms are so mild (light stomach ache to a bit of runny stool) that we don’t even notice.

Whoever said food poison only lasts a day, ummmm suuurrreee tell a person that the third day their tummy sounds like an alien is trying to chew through it as they puke and ruin the toilet for the whole family.

Well the one day thing is clearly not correct:
“Most cases of food poisoning last about 1 to 2 days and symptoms resolve on their own. If symptoms persist longer than that, the affected person should contact their health-care professional. Cyclospora infections may be difficult to detect and diarrhea may last for weeks.”

Man, I had completely forgotten about this thread. That was a scary night! :)

Welcome to our forum. Heh. What an interesting first post. You might post in this thread

Eaten any Romaine lettuce in the last week or so?

Are you sure it isn’t something more serious like the stomach flu? That lasts a lot longer.

I think people are permanently freaked out about germs after the plandemic including myself. I bought an electron microscope and am planning on scanning my masks for germs and foreign metallic substances. My taco meat is at least four days old in the fridge and I’m not wasting it. They say it lasts 3-4 days after cooked but the meat lasts 3-4 days at least in the fridge before cooked usually and the cooking calls for seasoning that adds salt and preserves it even more than that would have on its own uncooked. I assume that if done right taco meat should be in the safe range for up to and even a little beyond a week after cooking, and assuming that you are reheating it, it definitely isn’t a concern at one weeks time.

People with the funds for an electron microscope maybe don’t need to stretch the food budget by keeping leftovers for four days? I mean, welcome to the community, but kind of a baffling first post.

How do you feel about week old potato salad?

Plandemic? Get the fuck outta here.

Is it solid?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn3ZGswnBas

Seasonings, especially foreign ones, are notorious for containing foreign metallic substances. That’s why they grind taco meat, so the metallic molecules can be lost among the saucy spheres. I wouldn’t eat yours until you’ve used your microscope on every side of every ground fragment.

I missed that. I heartily agree.

But, but, but . . . what troll search engine led him to this thread? It boggles.

My first thought upon seeing this thread title was ew gross what the hell followed by oh shit this is my own thread!

BleedTheFreak. I had forgotten. :)

Oh man, lol, me too!

I checked. Amazon doesn’t even sell one!