I want to take a leaf blower to my computer (case)

I have a leaf blower and that seems like the nuclear option for cleaning a PC.

As an aside, we have two dogs for the time being and they are very afraid of the leaf blower. All I have to do is point it at one without even turning it on and she scampers away. It’s almost as scary as the vacuum!

I hold it with my finger. Good thing I didn’t go with the razor sharp metal bladed fans.

I have too many fans to do that. My radiator is a push pull config, so I’d need an extra hand to grab the second set.

@sharaleo how do you immobilize your fans?

So in movies where someone has to crawl through an air shaft with fans, the hero usually plugs the fan with something like a crowbar. So I suggest ramming hairpins and chopsticks into your fans to immobilize them. I’m sure it will work!

Chopsticks, that’s a great idea!

Unless they encounter the CHOMPERS!

That is indeed…quite a thread.

It also features a lot of old-guard QT3 people who aren’t here any more, so it is fun in that way too.

Leaf blowered my case earlier today and it went really well. The liquid radiator was pretty much fully clogged and it’s now pristine. The only thing is the stuff that’s stuck to the acrylic itself wouldn’t come off no matter how hard I blew it. Wiping it by hand is the only thing that works. Same thing with the fan blades.

Nice! I hope you took a sweet slow-motion video.

Sounds like its time for the pressure washer to be used. ;)

Or maybe the wet/dry vac!

I don’t FWIW, but it seems like you have forged ahead!

Be high tech. Immerse the whole thing in a sonic cleaner.

Chopsticks worked perfect. Thanks @Mark_Asher !