I went to a cinema - it was great!

Not sure this really fits in this forum but I went to a local (London UK) independent cinema at the weekend.

It was fabulous…

Our family of three were the only people in the auditorium but I’d made sure to book a slightly weird showing on a Sunday at 1pm.

They ordered and served food at our seats. By the end of the movie I’d forgotten I wearing a mask.

Great film as well - “Rocks” which is based locally to us and very true to live. (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9067182/)

I’d forgotten how much I enjoy the cinema and it was delightful to be back.

That does not sound like it is an economically viable thing for that venue to repeat for your benefit alone.

That does sound perfect, at least for the viewers!

Nah, popcorn prices in the UK are easily enough to support this business model.

The Electric?

No, Everyman. It’s a new one in the city.

It wasn’t the economics of the exclusiveness of it, to be honest. It was just the joy of being back in a cinema and watching a film in the correct environment.

“Rocks” sounds like a great movie. I hope we get that on a streaming service in the U.S. at some point.

Interesting. There was an Everyman where I went to school. It wasn’t that fancy, though it was an attractive building, as a converted church. Still, it would take a lot to get me to go somewhere that far, as I have a pretty decent independent cinema in walking distance. Also, I’m not going to the cinema any time soon.

I’m glad your first experience at cinema was a good one! For me they are just “meh”. To me the screen usually looks washed out and the audio is somewhat loud and echo-y compared to headphones and a good IPS or OLED monitor. Plus I can’t smoke.

I’m so jealous! :(

-Tom