I'd Walk 1000 Miles in 2022- fitness tracking and accountability thread

That’s great, nice work!

Nice!

Hurrah :) Any others planned…?

Wow Juan, that’s awesome. Nice job! Congratulations!

Yeah, there’s this quite beautiful but harsh (lots of uphill) 20k race in the Vasque Country in November. I’ve already registered.

It’s also close to an amazing Steak restaurant that consistently places among the best in the world (eaten there thrice already, can vouch). So it makes for a good post-race reward (I’ve also made the reservation).

I don’t feel too tired today, but I think I need to be smarter about my training going forward. Probably more cardio/longer but slower runs to train heart rate. My BPMs during the race were significantly higher than usual (a very rough start didn’t help) and I do need to bring them under control.

Hard to believe we are one-third of the way through the year already.

YTD: 104 walks, 332.4 miles.

I’m doing Porkins proud.

244 miles here running and 55 biking. Nearly a nice round number :)

Running / Walking / Hiking 172.09
Biking 291.63
Minutes on elliptical / indoor bike 1225

I actually ran for a tiny bit today at the end of my walk and my foot felt OK. I ran maybe a half a mile at 9:15 min / mile pace. Maybe I can incorporate some short, not too fast intervals into my walk.

1 minute easy jog / 2 min walk is a good ration to start, right?

Don’t know, but 9.15 is pretty fast in my book :)

I guess it is all relative :-)

Before I hurt my foot and I was off from running for a while I usually start running around 3 miles at a 10 min / mile pace. After a couple months I usually got it down to 8:00 - 8:15 min / mile pace for 3 miles. I was pushing myself and I was out of breath. Today since I only ran a little I was able to run at a quicker pace. If I had to run 3 miles I’d most likely be slower than 10 min / mile over those 3 miles. Even from that little bit of running my HR hit 150, even though I’ve been doing quite a bit of cardio with bike rides, brisk walks and cardio equipment.

Not happy with my running number, but I have been trying to go very slow so as not to aggravate a current injury or create a new one. I am happy that this month I got to the point where I can run and control my HR, as compared to it just going up to zone 5 during a slow run.

YTD
Walking: 130 miles
Running: 103 m
Cycling: 311 m (now includes real outdoor rides!)

I did another mile to get up to 300 total :)

I’ve reached 275 miles walking and 368 running so far this year. That’s on target & I’m doing way more running than i was at the same time last year. I’ve only lost around 10 pounds in the year, but that’s a different (if related) problem…

Diego

Did you go out to Central Park to do it? I am so jealous every time I see it on Strava.

And now I feel very inadequate. :-) I can’t imagine running that much, and I like to run!

I did. Lovely spring evening too :)

I’m at 210 miles total for the year; far below goal. 3 leg/foot injuries and counting. This has been a frustrating year so far.

I feel for ya. I hope you can recover quickly and get back to the activities you enjoy.

356mi walking/running to date. Mostly walking. I’ve backed off the cycling and rowing machines in the last month or so in favour of a weights program, however, since I’ve more or less hit the weight goal of 75ish kg.

Last few weeks I’ve also managed to get out with the kids for some bushwalking/hiking, which has been great.

With the kids:

And by myself for 3 hours of peaceul bliss!

How 'bout dat hat?

Great pics! Post some of your excursions to the hiking thread!

Awww. So cute. Looks lovely out there…