Identity Politics

The real question is why they can’t just use different terms for these clusters? I mean do they really have to associate a set of likes and dislikes with an ethnicity to make it useful for selling products?

It appears the racists just keeping making more racists.

I am guessing there are still people out there that don’t see the big deal comparing black individuals to animals.

And of course another crime of being… well black.

I know a few individuals in banking, although not Key Bank specifically. Opening a new account and calling someone back is not standard practice. The teller likely spoke to the manager about some concern… for who knows what. When you open a new account, you would normally just tell them your policies, not call them back and then have the manager drill you. Verifying the information is a reason for the hold… it’s not a 20 minute humiliation experience for the new customer.

Colin Kaepernick spent his off week doing a great thing:

https://twitter.com/ShaunKing/status/792473192153489410

https://twitter.com/william_fitz/status/792589763035357184

yeah but did he pledge allegiance to the flag before reaffirming the human rights and dignity of the kids he was speaking to!?

That’s cool. I found out from a DNA kit I am 4% more white than black. So the years and years of being told to go back to Africa feels even less relevant. Seriously though, this sort of information and the fact we can get it is just awesome. Good for him for giving these young kids a chance to know more about themselves and potentially others.

This was an uplifting article:

The son of the founder of Stormfront who is also the godson of David Duke. The article chronicles his transformation from White Nationalist champion to a guy who is actively learning Arabic so he can better understand Islamic history.

The SPLC has really moved away from its noble roots, its current iteration has some severe issues and horribly broken people that are currently headlining in liberal/ex-Muslim circles and among the non-regressive left due to their attack on liberal and ex-Muslims.

and in its attack on Hirsi Ali, the white employees of SPLC moves from fighters for the oppressed to a new role as oppressor, as it allies with the theocratic, patriarchal Muslim majority and undertakes and continues the persecution of minority apostate women on their behalf.

I wonder if a country music store showed up the BET and was disrespected, how well these CMA supporters would take it. My guess threats of violence wouldn’t be far behind.

Dear Child Project

Yup.

https://twitter.com/AllyKraemer/status/794561424681009152/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Tensing, who is white, pulled the 43-year-old over near the college’s campus on July 19, 2015 for not having a front license plate. After DuBose failed to produce a license, the then-cop told DuBose to step out of the car. When DuBose refused, Tensing reached in the unarmed man’s car and fatally shot him in the head.

The former officer claimed that he fired his gun because DuBose was dragging him with his car and almost ran him over. The body camera footage, however, shows that wasn’t the case.

Dear god. This officer straight up executed him. It makes you wonder how many of his fellow officers looked the other way as this built up to the point where he would blatantly murder like this.

I think back to my childhood when contemplating this; I grew up with a friend that I played ball with, played video games with, and had a sleepover or two. He wasn’t my best friend or anything, but we knew each other fairly well. As we headed off to college in different directions, we’d mostly catch up during the summer. He wound up being a pilot - he’d always loved the idea of flying, and someone paying him for it was probably a dream come true. One summer, he sent a cryptic message asking me and a couple of our other friends to be someplace at a certain time - we figured it was something cool. He showed up in a nondescript black SUV with government plates, and got out of the passenger side while two MIB-wannabes got out as well. I briefly thought “Holy cow, is he in the CIA or something?” No. He was apparently making “a little too much money” as a pilot for a particular organization making runs between Central America and the US. He was going into witness protection, and we’d never see him again (still haven’t, decades later). He was allowed to briefly say goodbye, however, before getting whisked away.

The thing is, I spent the next several weeks thinking about the person I thought that I knew. There was undeniable evidence in front of me that he had committed major crimes that likely harmed a great many people. Was this the guy I threw passes to in football? Was he the one that I played D&D with - and didn’t he often play a Paladin, ffs?!?

It took me some time to accept the truth, and that was with US Marshalls standing right there. I have no clue how cops process that kind of thing with one of their own, but I can certainly understand if there’s some cognitive dissonance involved.

But this is different I think. I’ll try to explain why. We’re not talking about stealing or doing wrong. We’re talking about someone who has looked a part of the human race and decided their not worthy to be a part of it to the point where they have no issue with just killing someone when given the chance. I think there are so many excuses out there now, soft-core racists, oh just those SJW going after someone again where no one wants to see what they’re actually saying.

I find it hard to believe that someone who has decided blacks are no longer worthy of life didn’t express that over the years, It doesn’t come out of know where and according to this article, he was wearing a confederate flag T-shirt.

So if someone is wearing a confederate flag t-shirt, talks about groups of people as being subhuman and happens to carry a gun for a living and is a police officer, what are the chances he roughed up the same group for years before he decided to just off someone and try and cover it up? How many times did someone look the other way or laugh it off as freedom of speech or just southern pride till it got to this point?

Postmodernist identity politics is not going to stop that cop and others like him killing again.

A post-racial, egalitarian future perhaps, but deeply entrenched hostile identity factions warring with each other? Never.

Identity politics spawned the alt-right and Trump as candidate, finally, the maligned Cis White Male had a figurehead and a victim narrative of his own.

If a white cop routinely beats on black suspects, it’s pretty safe to say he might be one step away from murdering them too. Get them out of the force.

Oh, I totally agree - I just think it would be that much harder to logically accept someone they knew just did that. I mean, I have no issues accepting that my friends and family break traffic laws like there’s no tomorrow. The more extreme it gets, however, the greater adjustment period I think would be needed.

I worked in a kitchen once where a new back of the house manager took over and immediately wanted to implement drug testing of employees. A couple of days later, the executive chef, me, his sous chef, the owner and the manager had a meeting about this and the owner straight up said to the manager that this was impossible to do because he was not going to hire new staff and pay for their training when the tests came back and a lot of the staff had failed.

Similar deal here, I suspect.

Political correctness has hindered neurological research, and the time for it to end has come. Powerful stuff from the Journal of Neuroscience Research, which is devoting an entire issue to sex influenced brain differences, and making it open access permanently.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/jnr.23972/full

Be careful, it’s the third rail.” I received this strong advice to steer clear of studying sex differences from a senior colleague around the year 2000 when my research into brain mechanisms of emotional memory began drawing me into the issue of sex differences—or better yet, sex influences—on brain function. And in a way, he was right. For the vast majority of his long and distinguished neuroscience career, exploring sex influences was indeed a terrific way for a brain scientist not studying reproductive functions to lose credibility at best, and at worst, become a pariah in the eyes of the neuroscience mainstream…

…Finally…politics. Due to a deeply ingrained, implicit (but false) assumption that “equal” means “the same,” most neuroscientists knew, and even feared that establishing that males and females are not the same in some aspect of brain function meant establishing that they were not equal. This assumption is false and deeply harmful, in particular to the health of women (see Cahill, 2014), but remains deeply impactful nonetheless.

As a result of these powerful but misguided driving forces, today, sex influences of all types-and-sizes run unexamined and uncontrolled in neuroscience. Peruse the table of contents of any neuroscience journal and you will find that for easily over 95 percent of the studies one can (and in truth, should) ask “in males, or females, or both?” The answer is almost universally unknown, and worse, almost universally assumed not to matter.

Fortunately, times are changing. The past 15 to 20 years in particular witnessed an explosion of research (despite the prevailing biases against the topic) documenting sex influences at all levels of brain function. So overpowering is the wave of research that the standard ways of dismissing sex influences (e.g., “They are all small and unreliable,” “They are all due to circulating hormones,” “They are all due to human culture,” and “They don’t exist on the molecular level”) have all been swept away, at least for those cognizant of the research.

Do you remember when “science” proved blacks were inferior and it was used to endorse slavery and sterilization pursuits? It’s called scientific racism. Now I am no not saying we should prevent scientific research out of fear of what we may or may not find, but let’s not pretend the pursuit of science has always be… shall we say pure.