Identity Politics

In this case the impurity was the politically motivated stifling of facts and data that contradicted the institutionally favored narrative. This is academia we are talking about, the structural and institutional power is entirely in the hands of the Left. It has taken decades for facts and reality to overcome the political narrative, but that day is now at hand.

Science will get to the truth eventually. Identity politics is just a bump in the road.

If you’re not willing to address the past or acknowledge it, no sense trying to predict the future. History repeats itself if the only thing people care about is here and now.

You seem to have an incredibly narrow view of history. History does indeed repeat itself. Right now the Left is again pushing Lysenkoism, just as they did in the past. The geneticists are once again being slandered as fascists by science denying idiots pushing a leftist political narrative over reality.

And you don’t seem even capable of acknowledging the sins of the past done in the name of science also supposedly backed up by science, unless you’re for forced sterilization and the monstrosities of the past. You didn’t even acknowledge it just now. You’ve got your mantra. I get it. At least I acknowledged that we shouldn’t prevent scientific research but you just gloss over what was done… like you don’t care.

Because it has nothing to do with the issue at hand. That bad things have been done in science’s name is an argument against doing bad things in science’s name, not against science or knowledge itself. As for crimes, legions of geneticists were sent to the gulag. Millions died of hunger as a result of Lysenkoist anti-science.

What do you think identity politics is?

Identity politics is when people are considered not as individuals, but as an element in some collective entity.

So you think anytime someone is part of a group that shares an ideology they’re no-longer able to express themselves as an individual? Do you think that when blacks came together during the Civil Rights movement they somehow stopped being mothers and fathers, educators, liberals, conservatives. Do you think women gave up their individuals for women’s rights, that somehow they could no longer be business women and house wives, conservatives, liberals, religious women or atheists if they came together collectively for a single cause?

I think regarding people as part of some collective identity based on some unchosen characteristic instead of as individuals is inherently dehumanizing and divisive. I have my own mind, my own beliefs, my own history. Fuck anyone that tries to generalize me based on some group characteristic. Fuck people that do that to anyone. The civil and women’s rights movements weren’t limited to black people and women. They succeeded, and rightly so, because they were based on a universal appeal to have individuals treated as individuals. A particular quote comes to mind…

They start small and grew. I think you might need to release some anger and look at history with little less resentment. There is nothing wrong with women getting together and deciding it’s time for them to get the right to vote. There is nothing wrong with men joining that effort but to think that women didn’t come together largely because they were women… cheapens the solidarity… it’s not either or. You don’t have to sacrifice who you are simply because you share a struggle, an ideology or a passion.

I think you are generalizing about me based on a presumed identity right now. What on earth makes you think I am looking at history with resentment?

I don’t know anything about your identity. Based on being on this board, I can guess you’re a man, otherwise, it’s mostly just the amount of swear words in your reply and your harsh perception of what you think I do and do not know.

All I have to go is say I believe in the prophet and as a Muslim man I rank above Western women in the progessive stack.(including black Western women)

My opinion would be more important, my offence outranks yours and you have to fit into my world view. Any attempt to criticise this view isn’t debate, its Islamophobia and oppression.

I still don’t see how this stops cops killing people.

no matter how you alter this pwk, it’s not going to change anything. I work at a very diverse place. I know Mormon, Muslim, Christian, atheist and men who have not shared their believes. The world is not this highly combative place that you’re trying to portray it to be.

If we’re too afraid to acknowledge, process and discuss history, we only doom ourselves to repeat it. I don’t see how acknowledging that that there were attempts to study races and those, often false, studies pushed forward terrible agendas like forced sterilization. And asking cops who view one of their own needlessly beating someone to think about how many steps that is away from just up and murdering them… maybe you don’t have to wait until someone is killed to do something about it.

Because this is a discussion about identity politics, not American racism.

I put forward a post-racial, egalitarian future as a solution. I still don’t understand or see any evidence that identity politics providing a a postmodernist, post-factual, anti-science solution is working or can work.

It’s interesting that you can’t see why these two are linked. You don’t really disprove my point by not seeing it either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awFurlS0-1s

What sort of Identity to you think this man claims? Should we stick in Black Lives Matter, the Election, Identity politics… where are you comfortable with?

Because postmodernist identity politics is not the solution to American racism.

Unless you believe that the rise of Trump and the alt right white identity and societal balkanisation has improved things, but I will have to disagree with you there.

If anyone wants to see egalitarianism vs identity politics I recommend you follow @SBSisters on Twitter - http://www.southallblacksisters.org.uk/ their fight against the impact of Sharia courts on British Muslim women, and just where the opposition to them is coming from.

http://www.southallblacksisters.org.uk/bbc-asian-network-facilitates-the-islamist-project-by-silencing-the-feminist-voice/

The UK is getting a good dose of this right now with Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.

Some people are triggered because Markle is an actress on Suits. She’s also American, born in Los Angeles.

There’s another reason some people are triggered by her. I’ll let you figure that out.