Idiot conspiracy theorists

Well, when Gawker lost the Hogan trial they shut down and fired everyone. They literally ceased to exist as a corporate entity.

Did they? My recollection is that the aftermath played out for months, during which Gawker first tried to get the verdict thrown out, then tried to get the judgement reduced, then tried to appeal, then tried to get a stay of the settlement pending appeal, then filed for bankruptcy, then announced that they were for sale, then got bought by Univision. The Gawker web site didn’t shut down until months after the verdict, and the employees all ended up working for Univision.

I think the Jones thing is kind of aggravating too, but he does seem to be coming face to face with the ‘finding out’ part of the game.

Well, they did end up shutting down due to the Hogan trial after all the kicking and screaming. So where Is the lie?

This popped up on my YouTube homepage. The kicker? This was 13 years ago.

Garfunkel and Oates have been going 13 years? Way to make me feel old.

Almost 17 actually. And yes that makes me feel old too.

Wompity-Womp

Imagine spending even a second of your precious life listening to a nothing like Kirk. Mind boggling.

Who could ever have predicted that saying the elections are rigged might lead to voters not bothering? Totally out of left field, this one.

That’s funny. Yes, don’t vote GOP supporters. The fix is in!

We exported our crazy to Australia.

Gareth Train, the owner of a rural Queensland property where six people, including two police officers, were shot and killed on Monday, had become deeply entangled in an online conspiracy community, where he posted about a mistrust of police and claims the Port Arthur massacre was a false-flag operation.

He appears to have been a prolific poster on an alternative website that posts conspiracy, anti-authoritarian and other articles. He said in one recent post he had been “ark homesteading for the past five years preparing to survive tomorrow”.

“When it becomes clear that we are in a time like no other and you head out into the wilderness to escape persecution, know that my wife and I will offer refuge to all brothers and sisters,” he posted.

“I will be scanning the UHF channels when that times comes.”

“If you are a conservative, anti-vaxx [sic], freedom lover, protester, common law, conspiracy talker, alternative news, independent critical thinker, truther, Christian, patriot etc etc expect a visit from these hammers,” he said.

Well at least he clearly outlines the enemy.

Sovereign citizen patriut.

It was the return of David S. Pumpkins that drove him over the edge.

More evidence the guy was a nut.

Yeah, I mean, Greyhound wasn’t that good, but it wasn’t that bad either…

So to target that “evil in Washington” he was going to target a bunch of people who don’t actually have anything to do with it? Good job, guy.

The Find Out phase continues.

family member sharing on instagram while I practice staying out of it

Screenshot 2023-01-06 152624