If Disney World had a shooter, it would be Ghost Recon: Wildlands

This is such a dangerous thing to do. So maybe lots of people buy to play with friends, but maybe the opposite - everyone realizes that without a player pool the game is awful so they don’t buy expecting few will be playing in a couple months. I hate it when games depend on the “community” because more often then not two things happens. The above, or what is there is a toxic unhelpful cesspool. If you don’t have a great single player experience you literally flushed $60 down the toilet.

I think its a perfectly good , indeed, very good, single player game.

Just noting the viewpoint that the single player is sub par is not universally shared.

I’m pretty sure that there are almost zero viewpoints on anything that are universally shared. :)

But, yes, there’s plenty to like in the single-player! It’s certainly been my preferred mode of play, despite the fact that the multiplayer is more “fun”. In fact, I’d go so far as to say if I was judging this as just a flight sim, I’d be pretty bowled over. Horrible flight controls notwithstanding. For me, Ghost Recon: Wildlands is most impressive when you just get in a helicopter and fly off in some random direction.

Dude.

-Tom

I agree, the world is where it really shines. Heli controls are poor for sure. But yesterday I took a ferrari for a spin around some new areas. Some of those vistas are lovely.

Wow, how odd that both The Division and Wildlands have these remarkable worlds, but the game design itself is janky and all over the place.

If you’ve been following AAA gaming in the last however many years, this seems to apply to just about everything. Developers make great worlds to explore. The games with great mechanics or story are the exceptions.

The original Rainbow Six (1998). Two weapons. One primary, one secondary.

I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make, but if you’re seriously arguing that Rainbow Six was the game that popularized the two weapon limit, rather than Halo…I don’t think that argument holds water.

No, I’m saying that claiming that a Rainbow Six or Ghost Recon game has two weapons because of Halo is not a credible claim, given that the the Red Storm tactical shooters were doing that before Halo existed.

I think Halo is much more likely to be the inspiration at this stage in the series’ life since neither franchise has that much in common with their roots anymore and Wildlands in particular is clearly being pitched at a mass market that would be much more familiar with Halo than the original Rainbow Six or Ghost Recon either one, but it doesn’t really matter to my point.

(Apparently in GRAW 2 you could have a third weapon, at least based on a FAQ I saw)

And baby makes three:
“that does does [sic] very little”
“use that useless submachine guns [sic]”
“A llamas [sic]”