If only a new Flashman novel would come out

It’s been such a loooong wait. ‘Black Ajax’ was okay but it wasn’t the real thing. I’m thinking that George MacDonald Fraser is getting pretty old (77) and his ability to pump out novels is diminishing. I just hope I get to read of Flashie’s adventures at Rorke’s Drift and of his efforts in the American Civil War (on both sides). You gotta love someone who’s been in the charge of the Light Brigade, Custer’s Last Stand and the Indian Mutinies.
Anyone else here a fan?

Count me in as well. It’s been a long while since I’ve read the cad’s diaries.

I like them as well. But it’s been so long, I don’t even remember which one was last…

‘Flashman and the Tiger’ was the last one. It was a few short stories including his exploits at Isandlwhana. It wasn’t as good as the full blown novels.

Is it Royal Flash where he impersonates the prince and crosses Otto von Bismark? That and the first one were my favourites, some of the others I couldn’t really get into though.

Hmm, I don’t remember any short stories. Need to check it out next time at the bookstore, maybe I missed one! I often have this trouble with long and infrequent series with similar names for all the books :)