IGN Buys 3D Gamers (!)

Wow: http://www.3dgamers.com/news/more/1096480917/

It seems so…odd. FilePlanet/GameSpy, 3D Gamers, and IGN all under the same roof?

It seems that 3DG will be staying free, however:

Wasn’t 3DGamers the site that spearheaded the anti-GameSpy movement to end exclusive downloads?

Huh. Is it just me or does that press release look like a cut-and-paste job from when they bought GameSpy?

Also, money cures all kind of hatered. You know, it’s like buying the world a Coke.

Yes, hehe… In fact, the “coalition” mailing list for that is hosted/managed by them.

So me thinks this will be broken up shortly.

Where’s Sparky or one of our other Photoshop experts to make a pic of 3dgamers covered in McDonalds ads?

We don’t need that. We just need to be patient 'cause it will happen all by itself soon enough.

We don’t need that. We just need to be patient 'cause it will happen all by itself soon enough.[/quote]

ZING

I must’ve tuned into the group think… because that’s exactly what I was thinking. Mc3dGamers.

Indeed. The first thought that popped into my head when I read the first post was “Borged! Gee, how long before the McD carpet bombing on the site?”

And here’s their new web developer.

Oh wait, I get it, LOLOLOL

Someone please help me. I can’t decide whether or not Miss McDonald is hot.

She is, but you probably don’t want to go there. I hear she caught e-coli from the Hamburglar.

3D Gamers jumped the shark when Johnny Wilson left CGW.