IHOp is now IHOb

We do grilled-cheese burgers at home sometimes. A burger patty in a grilled cheese sandwich, its really tasty.

You mean a burger inside two grilled cheese sandwiches, right? Otherwise it’s just a patty-melt.

McGriddles at McDonalds, kinda.

I was thinking less sugar. Closer to a savory dish. Although maple syrup and bacon do go well together. I may have to do this myself.

Had a local restaurant offer that for a bit. We tried them at lunch one day. I could only finish half. My colleague managed to choke down the whole thing–puked on the way back to work. Never. Again.

The trick, as I understand it, is to use super-thin slices of bread for the grilled-cheese buns, because of course you’re eating four of them. Looked pretty tasty to me, but in a self-destructive spiral sort of way so I would never make it. Some lines you just can’t cross, it feels like going to Dunkin Donuts and buying a dozen to take home for yourself.

I don’t see the point. A Patty Melt is excellent. But I never ate a Patty Melt and said “you know what this needs? More bread.”

The one time I went into an ihop they basically ignored myself and the person I was with so we turned around and left after about five minutes waiting.

Denny’s for life.

Brilliant marketing. They could have created the greatest hamburger known to man and nobody would have given a shit about it, but they flip a letter in their name upside-down and it’s one of the top news stories in the country.

You…really need to up your standards…

To Shari’s?

I thought it. But I didn’t say it. But you’re right.

Dude, if I’m doing chain breakfast, it’s Denny’s.

The Santa Fe Skillet is perfect.

Sometimes I go to Bob Evans.

I used to think Denny’s was okay until a friend of mine who used to work there pointed out how everything was drenched in Crisco. And suddenly after that, I couldn’t unsee it. You can clearly see it on the half-toasts they give you. You can tell it’s on the eggs, and everything else they serve.

iHob sounds like a line of internet-connected stoves.

International House of Bariatric-surgery.

When was the last time you were there? They changed everything they do a number of years ago now.

Gaear Grimsrud is not going to be pleased.

-xtien