Il-2 follies battles... er... forgotten battles

Does anyone know if there’s a way to hack/patch/mod the game so that some of the AI-only aircraft become flyable?

I’ve got a real hankering to take the Hs-129 out with its 7.5cm main gun :D

You’ll probably have to wait for Australia to wake up so Sean can give you a definitive answer, but from what I’ve seen only Oleg can make planes flyable, which he often does in patches. Most of the mods I’ve seen add stuff like new skins, mission and campaigns.

I think the main problem is that the AI planes don’t actually have cockpits. I also haven’t heard of this being done - I think, as mentioned, Maddox needs to do it.

It used to be possible except you’d have to fly the plane third person because (as Kratz said) of the lack of cockpit art. I think they eliminated the ability to do even this in later patches to stop any multiplayers silliness.
Oleg contols his game with an iron fist.
Wait another hour or two for Sean to wake up for the definitive answer.

Like I care about a cockpit. Right now I’m so bad at tracking planes I fly without it anyway. :/

Sorry my reply is late - I haven’t had as much time recently to read Qt3.

Here is a Dogfight map I made up that allows you to fly most of the AI aircraft. I made it quite a while ago so it doesn’t include the latest aircraft in the latest patch. Hopefully it will work with AEP 2.04.

Linky - http://www.aircombat.net/a/DF_Mountains_FlyAll.zip.

Extract the files into eg. C:\Program Files\Ubi Soft\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles\Missions\Net\dogfight\1 - and then start a dogfight server to play it. You don’t have to be online.

Let me know if it works or not.

NOTE : You will not be able to start the engine if you select an AI aircraft as the first selection. Instead, you must select a flyable aircraft, start the engine, and then exit. Then go back and select the AI aircraft of your choice. This time, the AI aircraft engine will start. Don’t forget to first hit the F2 (external view), to be able to see the AI aircraft.

Will it work without the expansion?

Will it work without the expansion?[/quote]

It should. I built it pre-expansion. Won’t hurt to try it.

You can hack/patch/mod , but if you do, you will go straight to Hell.

Fly only those planes that are meant to be flown, and you will have many healthy progeny.