I'm a war is peace president

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20040720/pl_nm/campaign_bush_dc

Good grief they’re getting desperate…

“Whattya mean they don’t grow Peas in Iowa? I told them I was a peas President!”

“Four more years and America will be safe and the world will be more peaceful,” Bush said.

That’s it, just elect me again and all our troubles will be gone!

Why do Kerry and Edwards hate America?

“The enemy declared war on us,” he told a re-election rally. “Nobody wants to be the war president. I want to be the peace president.”

“I’m a war president. I make decisions here in the Oval Office in foreign policy matters with war on my mind,” he said in February.

Stop the presses! Bush flip-flops!

To be fair, wanting to be a peace president, but recognising he is a war president, doesn’t make him a flip-flopper. However, I do find it peculiar that he says that the enemy declared war on the US. Iraq didn’t declare war on America, nor did it attack America, that was Al Qaeda. Surely he’s not still flogging that dead horse of a connection between Saddam and Al Qaeda?

Drugs declared war on America. So did poverty. Maybe that’s what he is referring to.

You’d be right, Tim, had the president been saying he wanted to be a peace president, but was forced to be a war president, during the run up to the Iraq war, but that’s not really what he seemed to do.

Instead, he played up the war president bit, even used it as an excuse for several things he did and why people shouldn’t question him on certain issues.

For him to really have been playing the part of a peace president forced into war, he shouldn’t have been beating the war drums when others weren’t and pushing as hard as he could to get into another conflict.