I'm creating an animation studio today

Man I need a logo. One of these was created by a professional artist, the other is my attempt and I’m terrible. Guess which is which? I like mine better but they both need work.

I like the bottom one. The color makes it more interesting.

I think I like the top one more. It has an art-deco mad science feel to it.

I like the bottom one

Yours is the bottom right?

Top one has a weird eye-stalk asymmetry that is unsettling because of how close it is to being symmetrical otherwise. Text is also aligned a tad bit right. The Bottom one doesn’t have a great font (one up top is good, as is all caps) and the eyes are not perfectly round, and the right eye’s left top appears to have suffered from clipping. The asymmetry works better on this one, because it is less clean looking. Black background isn’t great, maybe a shape? Or another color.

I like the top one, if it were a bit more symmetrical.

But, I am being super nit picky.

Are you 100% set on the name? I only ask because… and maybe it’s just me … ANIBOT is really really close to ANALBOT, which would be quite a different thing. Maybe putting a hyphen inbetween would help, I dunno.

I thiiink it may just be you, Charlatan.

I uh, never made that connection. What would and anal bot do?
I wanted to use StoryBot but there is s Netflix show called that.

I like the colored version, but I like the font in the B&W version better.

You should have AniBot script it out for you…

“She’s gone from suck to blow!!!”

You silly man. What wouldn’t it do?

Would it rub butts or something? /kimmyschmidt

Were these made in the mid nineties?

Anyone else going to SIGGRAPH in LA in a few weeks? Would love to meet up of so. My plan at SIGGRAPH this year it is talk to as many people as I can and see if anyone is working on this.

If not, what wondrous thing this is.

I created a very short, rather simple “Ad” for the tech (I’m calling it AniBot) today and it was a hell of a lot of fun. Took only 10-15 minutes to write the script, about 2 minutes AniBot to interpret it, and then rendering time. Its super basic but the fact that it did it completely automated after I wrote the script and hit “Go!” was really, really cool.

As a test to see if I can do a kid’s animation I wrote a script with my 3 year old where I prompted him for the characters and what they did, and where it was set. It’s basically a list of his favorite things, plus some dialog he said the characters should say.

He chose: Helicopters fight spaceships in the sky. Spaceships win. Then a giant robot appears. Spaceship and giant robots fight, this time in space. Giant robot wins. After he wins, he goes “I Love Cheeseburgers” and tons of cheeseburgers appear. The End.

Working Title: Giant Robot Loves Cheeseburgers.

I’d be interested to see the script for the ad, and the resulting animation, if you are able to share.

Screw that, I wanna see Giant Robot Loves Cheesburgers!

So work progresses on this sobofabitch. Its bloody complicated.

I am going to create an explainer video using the software itself to explain itself. Sounds recursive and it is, its making my brain hurt. Anyway, right now I’m planning on writing the screenplay over the next few days and then generating it next week. I decided to use the opening of the movie Aliens by James Cameron to showcase it. So the video will show a new interpretation of the original 1985 script by him, which I found on IMSDB.

In any case, I’ll post the explain video when its ready. My deadline is a meeting in LA at the Roosevelt where I’ll demo it to interested parties.

Sorry not to have a bunch of videos yet, but this is very much a “flip the switch when its resdy, and let it go” type thing. Almost there, just not quite. Right now each video need a shooting script in order to make it work. While that’s fun, I really want to automate the entire process with AI.

Deleted.

Is the idea to make creative interpretation style music videos, or just “someone singing in a variety of shots/backgrounds”. If the former, I’d be very curious about how the videos are generated.