I'm creating an animation studio today

Deleted.

https://www.amazon.com/Aliens-Michael-Biehn/dp/B00MBNYT10/ref=ice_ac_b_dpb_twi_dvd_3?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1505489262&sr=1-1

What’s this “DVD” thing it mentions?

I basically just need the audio.

Ah, OK, so the music is just there to create an editing tempo. The actual content of the shots is derived elsewhere.

Yea, exactly!

I have no problem with ANIBOT. It did not make me think of ANALBOT at all.

Although ANALBOT already exists.

Yeah, but it’s a real PITA.

Little update because I am essentially socially isolated from smart nerds in SoCal. All my nerdy friends are thousands of miles away. So I turn to my dear internet friends.

So I’ve had some interest in this from a company started by a Bill G. No, that’s too obvious. Let’s call him B. Gates. /Simpsonsjokesteal

Now my contact at this company says he is passing it around some appropriate divisions. So while being totally respectful to his method and time table, anyone else interested in this? Especially maybe a lurker working for said company. I can give you his name on the down low. Or is that bad form?

I am slowly making my way through social circles to present this to Disney, especially Disney Research, my ultimate end goal game for this. If I can sell this or partner with Disney on this its basically the end of my trifecta dream jobs. Disney wows me.

In the meantime I’m working on an explainer video for the “read complex stuff in detail” crowd or the time challenged. The twist is I am using the AI itself to make it, because hey, let’s be honest: if I can make the pitch video with the AI itself its way more impressive than if I made it using traditional methods. But I’m in chicken and egg territory. It’s quiet intellectually exhilarating.

Anyway, that’s the update. If you sign a boilerplate NDA I’d be enthused to send you pitch decks, docs, and the explainer video when ready.

Woo hoo! So excited!

I realize you probably don’t want to give too much away when you might get funding, but can you post like an animated GIF of an example output? Like, this is couple sentences of script input, and this is the 10 seconds long scene it produces?

It’s hard to follow what exactly you mean without seeing anything.

Or just PM me if you don’t want it google-able for random people.

So yeah, the thing is its still in development. The way it works is one of those “flip the switch” kind of things, where it can produce millions at once instead if one at a time. When I can flip that switch you’ll know, trust me.

I do have some sample animations I used for animation tests, automated layouts, automated light placement and timing. They are very raw though. I’ll link one tonight if I can get to it.

Hey Guap, just a reminder after the recent scare to get some of your work saved to something and take that something away from your house and the area and stored elsewhere.

Conversely, use an offsite backup service via installed internet connected app or otherwise.

You are at a point where you do not want a disaster to affect both your life as well as your business.

Yep, thanks man. Actually had a little scare there with the wildfire. Every thing electronic is backed up but I have a lot if design work on paper. Taking pictures of it all as soon as I can.

Gods, so much stuff to do.

No worries, Guap. I’m in IT, we take the brunt of fallout when things fall through the cracks. We typically make decisions regarding stuff like this on the, “how much will this cost if things go wrong,” kind of approach.

In your case, make sure you understand what you need to save, and how you get to it in an emergency. It might also be a good idea to get any important business documents in electronic form and save those too.

It’s a task on the list today, but it’s the future of your business entirely in an emergency.

Cheers, man.

A startup is a weird thing. I need money to hire help to do all these things, but I can’t justify asking for money until all these things are done. My litmus test is “is it ready to scale?” and the answer right now is “almost!”

So the explainer video is done. Would appreciate any feed back as I’m taking the weekend to make tweaks. Woo hoo!

https://youtu.be/ZWY4qrrCPcY

I like having the AI explainer video in text to speech. One thing that I know graphic designers harp on is consistency of fonts, and I spotted a couple different ones. Should be an easy fix.

Oh, I changed fonts intentionally to show it can do fonts. But good call. Britannica, you will become Impact! Thanks.

Aah, come on Guap, you can’t post in your own thread and then delete it! We want updates!

It was just more hyping his own product. I mean, sure, sounds great. But I have yet to see any results of it, and it sounds a lot like all those procedurally generated videos that have been on YouTube for like a decade now.

Yep, want to show results. Almost there.