I'm going to re-watch the first four Alien movies

You’re fine right where you are - nothing about 3 or 4 warrant your time (see this entire thread, basically).

Thanks guys. I didn’t think the last two were great. But I may try and see Aliens 3 (for the lore lol)

Interesting cast for an audio-only version of William Gibson’s (obviously) unproduced script for Alien 3.

Oh wow, someone else who actually understands and appreciates what Resurrection did. Yes, it is action comedy. The scene where Hedaya pulls out a piece of his brain from his head and looks at it should clue anyone in. And it is awesome at it, with its pulpy, grungy, french aesthetics / atmosphere and uniquely fantastic cast - Perlman, Pinon, Wincott (ok, his character was wasted, but even his short presence made it better because he makes everything better), Ryder, new supersarcastic Ripley. The black guy whose name I always forget but who is cool as hell with his guns attached to his arms.
And for me, both worked - the comedy:

Perlman: So, you fought these things before huh?
Ripley: Uh huh.
Perlman: And what did you do?
Ripley: I died.

The emotion, with Ripley discovering her early flawed clones, the dialogue between Call and Ripley, and the action, with that awesome underwater sequence.

The alien/human hybrid is dumb and looks dumb, but everything else is great, assuming one accepts that it is completely different in style and tone to previous films.

But I am weird because I also appreciate Fincher’s Depression: The Movie in Alien 3.

Watched Alien again for the first time since its release. My 14 year old hadn’t seen it. She did not think the effects cheesy as she does so many of my favs of yore, and she was glued to my side for the second half of the movie.

I say it has held up very well.

She did laugh when Dallas buys it in the air shaft. I remember jumping during that scene as an 18 year old. Kids these days, so jaded… ;-)