I'm opening a gaming store!

There’s already a board game shortage, in this country anyway. It’s been almost impossible to find anything decent in stock for months.

I just want you to know we’re all counting on you.

Er…. rooting for you!

You could make a little extra on the side selling GPUs!

Those of you who follow my store at all know that as of today we broke away from Gaming Goat due to it having become a toxic brand. It was impacting my business (customers telling me they couldn’t shop with us anymore, etc), so it was time to come up with our own brand:

New Facebook page here: www.facebook.com/nightowldenver
New webstore: www.nightowldenver.com

If you aren’t familiar with the GG drama, read here:

Good deal. I read up a little on that guy a week or so ago. He seems like a real shithead.

I had no idea, but I rarely buy board games.

Sucks that you had to be associated with that, but I glad you got out of it. Hopefully, people will recognize the effort and come back stronger then ever.

Congrats! I’m rarely in that part of town, but will definitely swing by next time I’m out there.

Congrats! I was curious if the Gaming Goat controversy was impacting retail franchisees but was hesitant to ping this thread - glad to see that you managed to distance yourself from the drama.

Uff, yeah, that’s some caustic stuff. Good on you to jump ship.

EDIT: And just saw this on the BGG page:
“Also coming soon, a greatly expanded wargame selection!”

Nice! Will you still be doing mail order then?

It’s not all downside, Night Owl Games is a much better name!

Yessir! Ramping up our 40K, adding Malifeux, and maybe Infinity at some point.

Wow, so that dude sucks. Good on you @Vesper for severing ties.

Nice! Any chance it’ll include titles from places like GMT Games, etc.? Not so much miniature wargaming, but the other kind? :)

Haha - Maybe. I can definitely order that stuff if you want something upcoming in any case :)

Okie dokie, sounds good, thanks! I will reach out if/as things come up. :)

Hey do you ship? Instead of ordering my occasional board game from Amazon i’d be happy to drop you a few shillings.

Nice job on the new name and brand!

I do! I can’t do free shipping but I usually split with people. My prices are way better than Amazon these days too.

I agree! Do your operating hours keep up with the new store name? Like, will you stay open until quarter to three? Best of luck with the new arrangement, @Vesper!

First I’m hearing about any difficulty with the Gaming Goat brand, but then your store was the first Gaming Goat I had heard of so I’m probably out of touch. Anyway, good luck with the new name!