Immigration in the US

Complaint PDF

I heard the head of ICE on the radio today (I think the speech was from yesterday) about how companies are being asked/forced by their state to violate federal law and that there would be DOJ lawsuits forthcoming to prevent that.

Motel 6 was the one that was in the news earlier last year right… yeah this has nothing to do with cooperation. They gave the info without even being asked for it.

Maybe this:

WASHINGTON (AP) — The acting director of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement says politicians who run sanctuary cities should be charged with crimes.

Thomas Homan said in an interview Tuesday with Fox News Channel’s Neil Cavuto that the Department of Justice needs to file charges against municipalities that don’t cooperate with federal immigration authorities and deny them funding.

He also says politicians should be held “personally accountable” for crimes committed by people living in the U.S. illegally.

Homan says, “We’ve got to start charging some of these politicians with crimes.”

U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions has repeatedly vowed to withhold federal money from localities that refuse to give federal immigration authorities access to jails and provide advance notice when someone in the country illegally is about to be released.

“Federalism, unless it’s something we want, then fuck it.”

The GOP Mantra.

No, no. The GOP mantra is, “We have ours, fuck you.” And let’s face it, the one thing that Trump accomplished is to get the 1% more money. They’re happy, he’s happy. Fuck everyone else. If he eventually is impeached, and then removed from office, the rich will keep benefiting from his shit for many years. Then what happens? Maybe there are changes. Small changes that perhaps tax them more. But who the fuck cares now. Ride the wave guys, we’re rich and powerful. By the time climate change or pollution destroys mankind we’ll be long dead. Fuck the children.

Trump just ended the visa status (Temporary Protected Status) for 200,000 Salvadorans living in the US, who have an estimated 193,000 children.

They have 18 months to figure out how to stay in the US.

If you were trying to destabilize central America and return it to the lawless nightmare of the late 1970s and early 1980s, I can’t think of a better, more deliberate way to do that.

They aren’t white though, so they don’t count.

Even as a sarcastic joke, writing that makes me feel ill.

This is going to devastate the DC area, which has a very large Salvadoran population. From back in my restaurant days, I have a number of Salvadoran friends. I know you can get into trouble with generalizing all the people of a nation too easily, but I will say that the Salvadorans I’ve worked with and enjoyed sharing a career with are some of the hardest-working and industrious human beings I’ve ever had the pleasure to know.

15% of El Salvador’s GDP in 2016 was remittances from emigrants working in the US. This could be a massive destabilization.

This shit was on the ballot. It was all on the ballot.

Judge issues a pretrial injunction barring Trump from rescinding DACA.

Same guy who learned Java before ruling the big Oracle lawsuit a while back

Hilarious!

I’m really not a big fan of this Donald Trump guy.

McClatchy papers reporting that right now Stephen Miller is apparently the big obstacle/asshole preventing a negotiated DACA/immigration deal for Republicans.

Is this just a “My people won’t like it,” kind of thing, or is there some other way he’s holding it up?

I think he’s the main negotiator in talks repping the White House with congressional staffers, so that’s the pusback…which I guess takes the form of a veto threat.

In an interview with CNN yesterday, I heard Michael Wolff say that Trump’s two chief policy advisers are Miller and Hope Hicks. Everyone else has left.