Immigration in the US

Congrats, they’re in the 28th percentile!

So the bipartisan working group of 6 senators came up with a DACA compromise that both the Democrats and Republicans could live with. They announced a deal about two hours ago.

And a day after Trump said he’s sign any agreement this group came up with, reports now are that the deal is off, White House says no.

That would be Stephen Miller’s influence, derailing that deal.

It’s amazing that a guy who has essentially zero credentials has such influence.

Or maybe Trump was surprised how Fox News reacted?

Take two, electric boogaloo?

Isn’t that the agreement that Spokesman Sanders said earlier was a no go?

I don’t get it. Say there was this paradise, a real world Elysium. Why would those people want to emmigrate to the US?

Granted, you can want to come to the US for a particular job or a particular school, but by and large I imagine that a lot of people willing to pick up their lives and move to another country, especially one that might have a different language, is because they’re looking to improve their living conditions. Why would coming from a “shithole country” matter, even if true?

It gets even better. He asks why we can’t take in more people from countries like Norway.

You know, folks with beautiful blonde hair and blue eyes.

Why is anybody surprised? much less Congress Critters who’ve worked with him for a year.

Official WH response to questions regarding the “shithole” comment:

43% of immigrants from Africa have a college degree, which is higher than the percentage of native born Americans.

Here’s an idea:
I think we need to start deporting native born people from the “shithole” states, to make room for more immigrants. Because immigrants are generally much better citizens.

As Bill Kristol noted, the soldier who lost his life running into and out of that burning building in the Bronx to try to save people? Ghana immigrant.

And I’m reading Ron Chernow’s very good biography of George Washington, and that book is peppered throughout with notices that the Continental Army was at times propped up by a large contingent of persons of color, many of whom were Haitians.

If Trump had power to deport from shithole states, you know he would not target the shithole white people.

Immigrants have always been the best of us. Because they are the most motivated people from the entire world, who see America as the shining city on the hill. They are willing to give up everything to come here and be part of what we are.

That IS America. That, more than anything else, is the essence of our nation.

Fake news. Diversity is white genocide.