Immigration in the US

I don’t know either, except that the original objection is stupid and wrong, and once you say that, people dig in their heels. Fine, but it was stupid and wrong.

True. My thesis and research used college students, so most of statistics were based on a normal curve.

I tutored statistics a bit, and the only time I dealt with none normal curve stats was when the Business Majors came in. I needed to learn a lot on the fly.

There are various kinds of mean. The Greeks defined quite a few!

Preach, brother.

I mean, this thread is about average for being a written medium.

More like mediocre for being mean. :)

Only the deplorable ones? I think we may do even better that way ;)

NQVH

Now, now Rod. If that is your name…

lol :)

No, I get it. I’d hit on a certain fraction of @kerzain if I wasn’t married. And if I was drunk. And stupid. :)

This

Could easily lead to this

And could certainly change this. So clearly the problem is you just need to drink more. Or not. I mean it’s not like your wife is amazing and finagled a Deadpool display stand from the local convenience store for you or something.

Wait… I think I found the flaw in the plan.

Actually my wife is so damn amazing. And reading over my shoulder

OUCH!!

I think what happens is when kids get taught math they first learn about averages. They learn about the mean average. (1+2+2+5) / 4 = 2.5

Then they get taught about median and mode. So when they think of average they think of the mean. That’s my theory anyway.

It’s missing the guard with an M4 and an attack dog.

They’re pushing back against cultures that hold values that are incompatible with their own. Expect to see more of this in various European countries as right wing parties capitalize on the left’s failure to recognize the sham that is multiculturalism.

The ironic part is that the Danes picked a ‘solution’ that is only going to make things worse.

Happy 4th