Immigration in the US

Indeed. I personally need for a bunch of young ones to come in and replenish the Social Security coffers that Scuzz’s generation will empty out.

Also, I will need their young, supple internal organs to keep me alive indefinitely.

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney announced Friday that the city will not renew its PARS agreement with the Immigration and Customs Enforcement Agency. This comes as the mayor will meet with protesters today who are calling for an end to the agreement.
[…]
Dozens of people have been protesting and demanding this for about a month. They started at ICE headquarters in Center City and have now set up an encampment outside of City Hall, saying they will be here until Kenney decides not to renew the PARS agreement.

I saw at least a couple dozen stories along these lines today. It’s just a bonanza of child abuse and rape.
But we need to ban sex workers online because of child trafficking. Meanwhile child trafficking by the government is fine.

Fucking hell, Rick Wilson nails it.

It’s shit like this that makes me wish every day that I will hear the architects of this abomination suffer a swift and inglorious death, by choking on a chicken bone.

I look forward to making a pilgrimage one day, where I shall perform the Armando.

I am fucking FURIOUS.

Yeah, this stuff is horrible, but (and maybe this is me reading too much into it), the Wilson tweet makes it seem like this is stuff related to recent events wrt separating children from their families as policy. The specific incidents mentioned were in 2015, 2016, and 2017. So, probably only one of the three occurred after Trump took office, and none recent.

Maybe his point is to blame Trump/Miller for separations, letting awful stuff like this possible, but that’s not really how the tweet comes across.

So, were at the point now where this is a real headline:

Republicans: Wait, so holding children indefinitely in prison camps is illegal? … Guess we better change the law, then!

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/the-growing-gop-drumbeat-for-indefinite-family-immigration-detention

Detaining children for more than 20 days is currently illegal, but the GOP is considering several approaches to make it happen. On Capitol Hill, Republicans have introduced multiple bills that would repeal the decades-old legal protections for children in immigration facilities and allow for indefinite family detention, and ICE officials asked Congress directly on Tuesday to pass them.

So much of the Republican agenda is basically there to create an opportunity zone for grifters. Immigration is no exception. Kobach conned towns into passing tough migrant employment laws and into paying him to defend those laws. The towns went broke, but he made a fortune and parlayed his fame into a political career.

It’s more of a Shelbyville idea.

Monorail, monorail, monorail!

Just don’t touch our lemon tree.

Hmm, looks like the child in question may have died after her release from the detention center, from a bug she picked up in the detention center. Guess I should have waited for more reporters to pick this up before sharing.

A group of 500 fathers detained with their sons at an immigration detention facility in Texas were set to begin a hunger strike Wednesday while their children were to begin a protest of their own, refusing to participate in any school activities.

Organizers of the protest, in statements distributed by the advocacy group RAICES, said that the fathers and their sons, who are being held at the Karnes Detention Center, in Karnes City, Texas, agreed to the strike to press US authorities to expedite their cases. The fathers were separated from their sons at the border under the Trump administration’s “zero tolerance” policy, then reunited with their children, and are now being detained with no idea of when they might be released.
[…]
Representatives of RAICES, which stands for the Refugee and Immigrant Center for Education and Legal Services, said they’d interviewed some of the fathers planning to participate in the strike, but that they could not say if the strike had begun or how it had affected detention center operations. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, which operates the center, did not respond to a request for comment.

RAICES said the fathers said they planned to place themselves in the detention center’s three patio areas and refuse to eat. Their sons were expected to refuse to participate in school activities.

So the photos we’re seeing of the concentration camps run by the U.S. Government seem to show lots of Central American and Mexican kids being held against their will. I’m curious why we haven’t seen the offspring of, say, European or, I don’t know, East Asian illegal immigrants in similarly dehumanizing situations? Could it be that they might be held in stalags we don’t even know about yet?

East Asians and Euro’s don’t try to sneak in thru Mexico.

Cultured ones do.

For a moment there I thought that was the guards and their kids at the detention camp. Silly of me for thinking there might be some decency amongst ICE.