Immortals Fenyx Rising - Assassin's Cartoon of The Wild

The only thing I don’t like about this game so far is that some of the character customization options are locked behind stupid ubi coins.

I really don’t understand how this game calculates progression. I’ve scouted / revealed around 2/3 of the map and completed the shrines and objectives for about 1/3 of the whole map. And yet somehow the game thinks I’m around 80% done !? Is it based solely on progress with unlocking & upgrading skills / powers / equipment instead?

Diego

So is this a puzzle heavy game? I am someone who hates puzzles. Maybe I should stop watching this thread then.

There are a ton of puzzles, although I’m not sure how many if any are required to finish the game.

you can skip 90% of puzzles, but if you plan to complete the game you would have to complete the story ones so somebody that hate puzzles may never finish the game

is not safe for people that hate puzzles

Personally, the entire appeal of the gameplay for me is the puzzles. The combat is fine, but no better than any other open world game. If you don’t want puzzles, play a different game.

If you hate puzzles then you could just look up the solutions online for any mandatory ones. I’m enjoying them so far, especially the first marble madness type one I came across.

I’d still say that if you’re not into puzzles, and especially physics puzzles in which you are required to schlep blocks around and manipulate stuff, then this game may not be for you.

If they are simple puzzles, I can deal with them, but if they require a lot of thought to solve, then no.
Basically, if its easier to google them than to solve them, then that is an issue.
For reference, none of those rotating symbol puzzles (snake, bear, bird, etc…) in skyrim were an issue,
where as in Divinity original sin 2 there was a room where you needed to put pots on the right spot in a 4x5 grid to light up the right symbols was too much for me.

They are similar to the shrine puzzles in Breath of the Wild. It’s not as hard as The Talos Principle, but harder than, say, Tomb Raider puzzles.

Yeah, the shrines in particular are a direct rip-off of the BotW puzzle style (and, obviously, that game is the closest comparison in general), though because of the lack of motion controls some mechanics aren’t in play. The physics seem to be a bit looser too, which is sometimes frustrating - you know what you’re supposed to do to solve the puzzle but because of the physics the ball doesn’t go where it’s supposed to, or the wooden box gets destroyed on a ledge instead of pulled above you.

There’s a lot of that.

The biggest problem with the puzzles is sometimes you need to solve the same puzzle twice if you want to get the vault chest. There’s nothing fun about going through the motions a second time of a puzzle you already solved.

If you know there is a chest (and it’s easy to see where it is when you start the vault - there’s a glowing orange line showing its position) you can usually get it. There are some cases in which you need some specific god power or ability to be able to reach the chest, but those are the exceptions in my experience. And most chests are reachable before the end of the vault, so there’s that.

Yes but you still at times need to double solve a puzzle

Yeah, Ive been able to grab the chest before completing the vault almost every time, so I haven’t had to go back and redo the same puzzles. One time the game explicitly told me I didn’t have a skill that was needed to get the chest, so I just left to try the whole vault later.

Don’t remember having to solve the same puzzle multiple times to get a chest (usually they’re just off to the side somewhere), but may have just not hit those particular vaults yet.

You only have to go through it again if you miss the extra stuff the first time through. I hate redoing things so I’ve just been making sure I’ve grabbed the bonus before grabbing the lightning.

The vaults typically have a progression: they’ll give you a puzzle to solve at the beginning, then a more difficult one of the same type, then one that combines a couple of different kinds of puzzle, etc. It can seem like you’re repeating the same thing.

Anyhoo another odd thing, not a big deal because I almost never use the attack/defense potions, but I’m fairly late game (all skills, health and stamina maxxed, most gear maxxed, 4 gods rescued) and it’s just weird how few yellow flowers I come across, here’s my potions and ingredients, I pick up whatever I see, and again I barely use yellow potions so it’s not like I’m consuming them.

That is a bit odd, but maybe they figure you’re not supposed to be getting hit, what with parry, dodge, dash, etc

1.1.0 patch notes.

https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2311845-Title-Update-1-1-0-(Thursday-January-14th)?p=15312158#post15312158

Highlights

• Added support for the upcoming DLC content “A New God”
  • Multiple localization fixes.
  • Various bug fixes and stability improvements.