Imperator: Rome prepares to carpe diem cras

Only because then there would be much fewer reviews. I bought the game on preorder because it was Paradox (Aggressors is still on my wishlist, waiting for a sale). So the whole Paradox-DLC-model as culprit does not fit in my case (I like the model, allows me to enjoy a game for several years).

As others have said: the game is not working for people who bought it thinking they’d like it. Saying “I don’t understand why people bought something they’d hate” is disingenuous and a little offensive, tbh. Of course people don’t buy games they’ll know they’d hate. People thought the game was going to be more suited for their tastes (why they did is open to questioning, though) and that’s why they bought it.

At some point in the marketing chain either somebody was promising something that was not (or encouraging other “influencers” to push that angle) or the message got lost and people understood something completely different than what was marketed. Both options are perfectly understandable, I think, and I would not blame anybody for them in the current environment. But just don’t say people buy things they know they’ll dislike…

This is one of their best sellers at launch and one of their less played games a couple months in. Food for thought.