Imperator: Rome

Oh I play EU IV and CK II on it all the time.

I’m just concerned that newer games may have added enough to the engine to be an issue. It’s still Claustwitz I believe, so probably fine.

But mine is only a first gen Surface Pro, so it’ll be plausible that it would not run.

I played Stellaris just fine on a Surface 4 cheapo tablety ones from work, but not first gen.

Dev diary on civil wars, rebellions, subjects, etc.

As someone who always mourns how useless the Support Rebels action is in EU4, I like the sound of how they’re doing it in Imperator. Hopefully something similar works its way into EU4 in the future. You might need the context of what they discuss earlier about civil wars and rebellions to see how this works:

I wish this engine & graphical update was sporting CK3 and was about to be released :(

this game defiantely has the prettiest map they’ve ever made…and omg, I can actually read the fonts from day 1

guess those paradox employees are getting old like the rest of us

Yeah, I’ve tried repeatedly to make it work. Run Wars until they are at 20 War exhaustion, take their entire treasury, have zeroed out their manpower, and generally just destroyed them. Then I immediately support the biggest rebel group I can.

Not once have I ever seen it pop.

Youtube video on six different starting nations. Only major I’ve ever played in EU4 is England (and only briefly), but I might give Egypt, Carthage (not detailed in the video) or near-major Armenia a go as a first play through.

Don’t know how accurate it is but here’s a wiki with a list of starting countries.
https://imperator.paradoxwikis.com/Countries

Unnnh my April wallet threat level is huge.

I’m obviously snagging this one, but any other games of note registered on the threat level next month?

Anno 1800

Wait, this April?

Oooh, nice! That’s right, I had forgotten that was next month.

Yessir.

They are both this April, as far as I can tell. Also my Amazon Prime resub is about to hit me in the face just for fun.

Specifically, looks like Anno 1800 is April 16th and Imperator is the 25th. Looking forward to them both.

Huh. I had it in my head that IR was many months away, maybe even next year.

If you want to be the jaded cynic, you could keep that date in mind for when the game has been whipped into shape and most of the major issues that crop up with the release of a complex strategy game have been addressed. :)

But I want to be the wide eyed ingenu!

You know release is soon when paradox start talking about achievements :

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/imperator-development-diary-18th-of-march-2019.1160890/

Speaking of, the achievements look really fun. I love achievement hunting in these games. One of my life goals is to 100% the achievements of a paradox gsg. Have never gotten close, sigh.

Do Three Mountains in the current version, I dare you

Why do you wish me harm?

It goes to show that it’s a good idea to go for the hardest ones early in the game’s life, before pdox close all of the exploits.