In Memoriam - dedicated to members of Qt3 that are no longer with us

Hard-headed but well spoken and insightful, always interesting to read what she thought. RIP Jerri.

I had no idea about Jerri, that’s tough news to hear. Jerri was awesome, always active in both the gaming threads and P&R, with a witty and articulate take on any topic. I sometimes wondered what happened to her after she stopped posting here, and I guess in some small way I am glad that she took the time to get into something (motorcycles) that had always interested her when she knew her time might be limited. RIP Ms. Blank, you were one of the good ones.

I’ve had several online gaming friends over the years who, like Mink, decided to take their own lives. I will echo @divedivedive’s excellent post and urge ANYONE who is feeling hopeless and alone to reach out, either here or to a hotline or other depression-related resource, and just TALK. A single conversation can be the difference between tragedy and living to game another day.

Does anyone know if Dave Markell is o.k.? He was a regular poster here but hasn’t been seen in a couple of years, and I know he had some health problems. I hope he’s o.k. and just otherwise spending his time.

If i recall a couple years ago something he experienced at Qt3 crossed his personal Rubicon and without fanfare switched forums.

Thanks. That’s the best kind of good bad news.

As a very amateur photographer who loves light, that upside-down photo of the lightbulbs is very cool.

I agree with you @Kolbex. I think that is my favourite picture. I wish He was still around, I would have loved to pick his brain about how to become a better pinball player.

It appears @Damien_Falgoust passed away from a heart attack this week.

Good Lord, what a shame. Only 46.

Wait what. When I was on Facebook, I talked to Damien all the time. I kept meaning to get back in touch.

Jesus.

Oh no :(

Very sorry to hear that. That’s too young.

I wanted to write a little bit more about Damien. He had been a Qt3 poster forever, but we didn’t talk much then as we didn’t really play the same things. Then, this happened -

I reached out to Damien afterwards, being concerned and asking if I could help, and we hit it off. Damien was a lawyer, and a pretty good one. We used to talk about law and videogames. One of his favorite pastimes was trolling this super-conservative lawyer in the area. He would make a new comment then link it to me and we would laugh at the reactions. I never got to meet Damien in person, which I regret, but I considered him a friend.

I will miss you, Damien. The world is a duller place without you.

Aw man, that is absolutely brutal. I never met Damien either, think he lived in Dallas? But we were Xbox buddies - he was pretty competitive and would ping me and smack talk if he got a better score or more achievements or something. I’m really sorry to hear that, and also a bit scared that he was a year younger than me.

Damien was awesome. I loved watching him spar with conservatives on Facebook. Such a smart, funny guy.

How terrible.

I remember that. Makes me so sad yet equally angry that good people die so young.

It’s a sad, sad thing. :(

I didn’t know him, but I recognize his name and he seemed like a talented guy with a lot to offer the world. 46 is far too soon. S!

Dang. I’m pretty sure he just got married. We traded emails a few weeks ago when he reached out to me about an open position at the place I work.